• Highly visible location
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Good sized 3 bedroom family accommodation
• Well-presented throughout
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Post Office and Convenience Store. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2004 during which time they have made considerable investment in an extensive refurbishment of the premises. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendor wishes to retire. During our clients stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this very well established, family-run concern has become an important focal point of the local community in the course of many years' successful trading by conducting a useful and popular retail operation of an extensive selection of general and frozen convenience grocery items as well as a wide range of Post Office services.
The store also stocks an excellent choice of fresh bought-in bakery and dairy products, general household goods, traditional beers wines and spirits and a range of news, confectionery and tobacco lines, in addition to supporting a good number of local morning-only news delivery rounds and holding valuable National Lottery and international money transfer franchises.
Wembdon Post Office is run by our clients with help from part time staff. The business is run at a pace to suite the owners and generates a turnover in the region of £250,000 per year with high gross profit margins. The Post Office Salary is in the region of £25,000 per year. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the range of products offered.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained freehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on one of the main roads that runs through the delightful village of Wembdon which is in Somerset.
The premises have recently been extensively refurbished and are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation as well as spacious private 3 bedroom owner’s accommodation. The business premises also enjoy the benefit of air conditioning, in addition to the added security benefit of a full Post Office approved alarm system.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Retail area which boasts a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving, in addition to various refrigerated and frozen display cabinets, extensive periodical and greetings cards racking, an ice cream conservator and a prominent, fully fitted general point-of-sale counter area with off-licence section, confectionery displays, tobacco gantry, electronic till point and full complement of National Lottery and MoneyGram international money transfer facilities.
• Fully equipped and screened dedicated Post Office counter with parcel weighing facilities, 1 x computerised serving position and a small, fully equipped general administration office area.
• Fully fitted domestic kitchen/breakfast room housing ample work surfaces, quality wall and base storage units, fitted sink unit and a full range of modern built-in appliances.
• Double Bedroom
• Double Bedroom
• Family Bathroom
• Double Bedroom
• Rear service yard
• Parking for 1 vehicle
• Private garden with decked area
Wembdon lies approximately 1 mile to the north of Bridgwater with amenities which include a post office/general store, church, school and popular village pub. Approximately 11 miles distant is the county town of Taunton renowned for its public schools and where a more comprehensive range of shopping and leisure facilities can be enjoyed. The Quantock hills lie within a short drive, an area designated as being of Outstanding Natural Beauty and where many footpaths and bridleways can be enjoyed. There is also a local golf course at Enmore. Motorway access can be gained at junction 23 (3 miles) and junction 24 (3 miles) of the M5 motorway and a direct rail line to London Paddington is available at Taunton.
RTA are proud to present this charming Freehold Post Office & Convenience Store complete with 3-Bed private...More Details
SOMERSET - Superbly presented Main Post Office and Convenience Stores in prime trading position of popular ...More Details
SOMERSET - Busy Convenience Store and Main Post Office in residential area of large town. Post Office Inco...More Details