Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Joe's Discount Liquor.
Joe's Discount Liquor was founded by the current owner in 2016 and has flourished under his ownership with takings increasing month on month.
The business is now being sold albeit reluctantly only due to our clients failing health, he is keen to see the business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving store to the next level.
Joe's Discount Liquor is a well-stocked convenience store selling amongst other items;
• Tobacco and Vaping products
• Crisps and snack
• Beers, wines and spirits
• Pet foods
• Bread and cakes
• General groceries
• Handmade soaps
Additionally, the business has a Payzone terminal with takings averaging £1000 per week.
Reasons to Buy
1. A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
2. Prime trading position in the busy and vibrant Brownhills Shopping Centre
3. Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
4. Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business
5. A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owner been running at a pace to suit due to poor health
6. Walk in condition and priced to sell
Although established only a short term the business has a considerable number of regular customers many of whom are known on a first name basis by the current owner who is a well-respected member of the local community.
Scope to Improve
1. Advertising and marketing campaign
2. Maximise the use of social media
3. Introduce a delivery service
4. Expand the range of alcohol and tobacco products stocked
5. Introduce Newspapers and Magazines
6. Look at other revenue generating schemes such as parcel services and dry cleaning etc
7. Extend the opening hours
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Joe's Discount Liquor is located in Brownhills, Walsall in the West Midlands.
Brownhills is a town in the West Midlands 6 miles north-east of Walsall and a similar distance south-west of Lichfield. It is part of the Metropolitan Borough of Walsall and before the boundary changes in 1974 it was in the county of Staffordshire.
Brownhills is served by the A5 and lies close to a junction of the M6 Toll motorway and is well connected to the A452 and M6. National Express West Midlands and Arriva bus services link the town to Cannock and Walsall and Diamond Bus links to Aldridge and Birmingham.
Joe's Discount Liquor is ideally positioned in the unusually busy and vibrant Brownhills shopping centre alongside other complimentary retail businesses, both High Street brands and smaller independents.
The business benefits from high levels of foot fall and passing trade and there is a busy bus stop immediately outside the premises.
The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage.
There is free on street parking immediately opposite the premises.Premises
The business occupies two floors of a purpose built, inner terraced shop unit and briefly comprises;
• Shop Double fronted with windows and glazed
• Door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior
• Suspended ceiling with concealed lighting
• Air conditioning
• Tiled floor
• 8 Camera CCTV system (can be expanded to 16 cameras)
• Monitored alarm system
• Two open drinks chillers
• Perimeter shelving
• Central shelving gondola
• Bespoke counter with till and card machine
• Generous wrapping area
• Cigarette gantry behind with spirit shelving
• Glass fronted pie warmer
• Triple Slush machine
• Revolving sweet carousel
• Steel basket for special offers
• Long run of wine racking
Storeroom / Office
• Generous store Room
• With perimeter shelving
• Floor storage space
• Room for desk and filing cabinets
• Carpeted floor
• Door to rear service road with parking
There is a further useful store Room with perimeter shelving and floor storage space
First Floor Storeroom
• A generously proportioned store room
• Windows to front
• The first floor offers potential for conversion into owners living accommodation (subject to any necessary planning permissions)
• Kitchen area with beech effect base units with complimentary worktop
• stainless steel sink and drainer with water heater
There are two WC's and hand wash basin.Tenure
We are advised that the business is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing 10-year lease has approximately 8 years remaining.
The rent is extremely reasonable £8500 per annum.
We are further advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable lease with a new owner.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
Monday to Saturday: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
The business is run and managed by our client.Financial Profile
Joe's Discount Liquor generates an advised current turnover of circa £130,000 per annum and the business continues to grow at an impressive rate.