Mellow Velos Canal du Midi is a profitable cycle hire business on the Canal du Midi. Trading for over 14 years. We service Gites, Chambre d’hotes, walk-in trade and also a number of high profile Tour Companies who offer cycling holidays in the region. We have a great reputation and a large amount of return business. We have received a Trip Advisor Centre of Excellence Award for the past 5 years.
• Healthy turnover and profit but scope for growth
• Wide range of quality bikes including childrens, hybrid, mountain, electric, road bikes.
• Mix of business sectors from Gites, Chambre d’hotes and large Tour companies.
• Excellent reputation for first class service
• Accueil Velo accreditation from France Velo Tourisme
• Well equipped workshop
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity.
Seasonal opening March 31st – October 30th
6 days per week 0800 hrs to 1800 hrs (closed Thursday).
Mellow Velos Canal du Midi is a profitable cycle hire business on the Canal du Midi. Trading for over 16 years we service Gites, Chambre d’hotes, day-hire trade and also a number of high profile Tour Companies who offer cycling holidays in the region. We have a great reputation and a large amount of return business. We have a good social media presence but there is lots of room for expansion in this media. We have received a Trip Advisor Centre of Excellence for the past 5 years and in 2020 received a Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Award which is given to the top 10% of tourist attractions worldwide..
The business comprises:
• Bikes and bike accessories;
• All tools, spare parts and stock at value;
• All marketing materials and social media sites;
Use of the Mellow Vélos brand:
• Mellow Velos is licensed from Mellow Velos UK Ltd;
• Includes use of website;
Business Support Processes
• Operations manual with fully documented process and procedures;
• Established Mellow Velos web site, Instagram and Facebook.
• Full maintenance records
• Established accounting systems.
The business has been grown steadily for the past 14 years and there is still room for growth in all sectors. In particular, the growth in popularity of cycling as a whole, but especially in the road bike and electric bike rental market. The VTT market is also substantially untouched in the area at present. There is also growth available in the Tour market either by increasing the number of Tour companies to whom service is provided, or by expanding to become an Operator.
The business is currently based in a detached property situated 200 metres from the Canal du Midi in the village of Roubia. This 4-bed property with swimming pool is available as a separate transaction.
Reason for selling
Accounts will be provided to potential purchasers on signature of a Non-Disclosure Agreement
0800 - 1800, 6 days/week, March - October
Support and Training:
Yes, including the opportunity to work in the business on signature of Sale MOU
Based in the South of France alongside the UNESCO heritage Canal Du Midi, a hugely popular tourist attraction.
Is this business relocatable:
Is this business home based: