Mellow Velos Paraza is a profitable cycle hire business on the Canal du Midi. Trading for over 14 years. We service Gites, Chambre d’hotes, walk-in trade and also a number of high profile Tour Companies who offer cycling holidays in the region. We have a great reputation and a large amount of return business. We have received a Trip Advisor Centre of Excellence Award for the past 5 years.
• Healthy turnover and profit but scope for growth
• Wide range of quality bikes including childrens, hybrid, mountain, electric, road bikes.
• Mix of business sectors from Gites, Chambre d’hotes and large Tour companies.
• Excellent reputation for first class service
• Accueil Velo accreditation from France Velo Tourisme
• Well equipped workshop
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity.
Seasonal opening March 31st – October 30th
6 days per week 0800 hrs to 1800 hrs (closed Thursday).
Mellow Velos Paraza is a profitable cycle hire business on the Canal du Midi. Trading for over 14 years we service Gites, Chambre d’hotes, day-hire trade and also a number of high profile Tour Companies who offer cycling holidays in the region. We have a great reputation and a large amount of return business. We have received a Trip Advisor Centre of Excellence for the past 5 years.
The business comprises:
• Bikes and bike accessories;
• All tools, spare parts and stock at value;
Use of the Mellow Vélos brand:
• Mellow Velos is licensed from Mellow Velos UK Ltd;
• Includes use of website;
The business is currently based on a 100 sq mt plot situated 100 metres from the Canal du Midi in the village of Paraza and is connected to all utilities.
Fully equipped workshop.
• storage space in dry, secure workshop with 2 x 20’ containers;
• a separate office;
• kitchen and toilet;
• parts store room;
• extra storage in mezzanine level;
• customer car park for 10 cars
Business Support Processes
• Operations manual with fully documented process and procedures;
• Established Mellow Velos web site, Instagram and Facebook.
• Full maintenance records
• Established accounting systems.
The business can be bought as a whole as a turnkey solution Alternatively, we would consider selling the assets of the business and name without the property.
The business has been grown steadily for the past 14 years and there is still room for growth in all sectors. In particular, the growth in popularity of cycling as a whole, but especially in the road bike and electric bike rental market. The VTT market is also substantially untouched in the area at present. There is also growth available in the Tour market either by increasing the number of Tour companies to whom service is provided, or by expanding to become an Operator..
Reason for selling
Accounts will be provided to potential purchasers on signature of a Non-Disclosure Agreement
0800 - 1800, 6 days/week, March - October
Support and Training:
Yes, including the opportunity to work in the business on signature of Sale MOU
Based in the South of France alongside the UNESCO heritage Canal Du Midi, a hugely popular tourist attraction.
Is this business relocatable: