Thr business started from scratch in April 2006, producing hand made oak pattresses, and purveying reproduction period light switches and sockets.
A Sole Trader business run by a couple from home premises, with no employees.
A workshop is used for making the pattresses and also a room used for keeping stock, oiling the pattresses, and packaging orders etc.
Selling primarily within the UK, but also internationally too, via our own website and an eBay store.
Turnover peaked at over £47,000 in 2014 to 2016, but since Brexit and the general financial downturn has since reduced to about £25,000 in 2019/20. However, annual profit has remained fairly constant, despite the reduced turnover.
Significantly, our demand and turnover has not been affected by COVID-19 and lockdowns!
It is important to note that we do not advertise at all, with an advertising budget of £0.00. This is deliberate, as we have needed to keep the business small enough for us to manage alongside other full time work and commitments, without the need to employ people.
Many of our customers regularly return to purchase more products. We are proud to have 100% positive feedback on eBay, and pride ourselves on our high level of customer service.
The business has no debts, and has stock with a selling value of approximately £39,000.
Included in the sale are:
1) the entire business
2) all stock associated with the business
3) all relevant business documentation and intellectual property, such as domain names etc
4) the eCommerce website
5) the eBay store
6) details of suppliers
7) machinery, tooling and jigs needed to produce the pattresses
8) a substantial amount of oak boards, used to make the pattresses
9) a substantial amount of packing materials, including bubblewrap and padded envelopes
10) initial training and assistance with taking over the ownership and running of the business
The business can be either kept small or scaled up with ease, within a very niche market.
The required skills needed will be:
1) Somebody with basic carpentry skills to make the pattresses
2) PC skills in order to deal with emails, create invoices and other documentation, manage the eBay account, manage the website eCommerce account, etc
3) finance management, and running a profit/loss sheet
4) basic marketing skills
5) business acumen
6) basic knowledge of domestic lighting electrics
We are now offering the business for sale as a going concern.
Support and Training:
We will give all the necessary training and instruction about all aspects of running the busines prior to handover.
Is this business relocatable:
Is this business home based: