Electrical repairs/Electricians for sale in Malton

View the "Reputable Electrical Contractors" below and request further details. Alternatively, please view the similar businesses in the 'You May Also Like' box below.

Reputable Electrical Contractors

Malton, North Yorkshire, England

  • Leasehold Price: £49,995  Price Reduced arrow_drop_down
  • Annual Turnover: £113,277
  • Annual Gross Profit: £51,497
Seller Reference: 5321
Request DetailsEmail email
Business Description
Image 1 of 5 video_library
Seller Reference: 5321
Request Details
Business Description
Established Since 1958
Accounts Year End 31st March 2018
Annual Turnover £113,277
Gross Profit of £51,497
Accounts Available Upon Request
Retirement Sale
Closed Weekends
Revenue Split- 45% Domestic 35% Commercial 20% Industrial
EPC Not Required

Blacks Brokers are pleased to bring to the market this long established, highly profitable and well known electrical contractors business in Malton, Yorkshire.

Laycock Electrical has been trading since 1958, with a business of a similar nature within this location since the late 1930’s. Our client took ownership in 1991 and has enjoyed developing this business into the very busy, well known and highly reputable company it is today. The business offers a full service for all aspects of electrical works across the Domestic, Commercial, Agricultural and Industrial sectors. These range from a full 3 phase industrial installation through to small domestic work and general maintenance and repair.Our client now offers for sale due to retirement, and we therefore have this opportunity available – it is rare that a business of this nature and of this calibre is offered for sale on the open market.

Situated on a small industrial estate outside Malton, the business is housed within a large industrial unit which is mainly a base for the electricians. The unit has 4/5 parking spaces, a secure, metal roller shutter front with storage area and small office. The majority of the customer base that the business has in place is located within around 30 miles of Malton. Customers are split into private consumers accounting for approximately 60% of work and the remaining 40% is Commercial, Agricultural and Industrial. Work is calculated to be profitable, so large scale, time costly work is kept to a minimum. The company really trades on its name, having been trading since the 30's and incorporated in the 50's. The 2 time-served, full time fully qualified electricians are self sufficient, meaning that the business functions well with minimum input from the owner. The company is N.I.C.E.I.C. and Government Trustmark Scheme registered and approved contractors. The business sale includes two commercial vehicles, a Citroen Berlingo - 57 plate which is a 1.6 diesel and a Renault Traffic - 59 plate and a 1.9 diesel. There is also an array of personal electrician equipment included in the sale of which a full inventory can be made available on request.

The business currently generates an annual turnover of £113,277 with a rent of only £69 per week. Viewings are requested by appointment only and out of working hours where possible. Early interest and completion is highly anticipated, viewings are advised as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

Citroen Berlingo - 57 plate, 1.6 diesel

Renault Traffic - 59 plate, 1.9 diesel

Personal Electrician Equipment
Trading hours:
MON - FRI: 08:00 - 17:00 SAT & SUN: CLOSED
Location Details:
Leasehold Term:
£69 Per Week
Downloadable Documents:
Listed by:
Request Details

Find out more about this business opportunity.


Note: Please select your full postcode from address menu

Would you like a free no-obligation discusson with a qualified finance provider who could help you to buy this business?

You will ONLY be contacted by your local ASC Finance director. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.

Please note that Daltons Business will send the above details to the seller of the business. By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our website terms of use, our privacy policy and consent to cookies being stored on your computer.
You may also like...
loder image
loder image