* Having traded from Barnstaple Town Centre for 27 years but suitable for relocation
* Currently a husband and wife operation with one sub contractor
* Suitable for incorporation into another business such as gas / heating engineers
* Annual gas servicing undertaken
* Supplying and fitting of gas and electric fires, stoves and surrounds
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property fronts both Bear Street and is in close proximity to both Bear Street and Queen Street car parks. There are an assorted mix of retailers, office and leisure users in the immediate vicinity as well as Bear Street Shopping Arcade.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a double fronted retail shop unit of 293 sq.ft (27 sq.m) with approximately 20 fireplaces and surrounds on display plus window display. To the side of the premises is a car parking space which is included with the premises.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of their long established business. We understand the current rental of the shop is £4,440 per annum (including parking space) and a new lease term can be agreed with the Landlords. Alternatively new owners may wish to relocate the premises.
Having been operated by our husband and wife clients for 27 years no staff are employed but they do use the services of a sub contractor to assist with installations and servicing. The majority of the income is derived from the sale and installation of gas and electric fires / stoves as well as the installation of fire places and surrounds including wooden beams, marble, slate and granite. Further income is derived from annual gas servicing. Turnover is approximately £200,000, including £18,000 of gas servicing, with a net profit of approximately £40,000. Although our clients have a website very little advertising is undertaken with the majority of business coming from word of mouth or recommendations, with the general area of North Devon covered as well as West Somerset and North Cornwall. Current shop hours are Tues – Sat, 10am -5pm with early closing on Wednesdays and Saturdays. A training period can be offered if desired.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment. There is also a sign written van available by separate negotiation which is a 2018 Peugeot Expert (estimated £12,000 plus VAT).
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
SHOP / SHOWROOM
293 sq.ft (27 sq.m) Double fronted shop unit with central entrance door, lighting, approximately 20 fire and surround displays.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org