Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Haybridge Fish Bar.
There has been a Fish and Chip shop at these premises for approximately fifteen years. The current owner has run the business for the last eighteen months or so. When he purchased the business, it had been closed for some time and he embarked on a personal mission to relaunch this great little shop and has enjoyed much success and accumulated many regular customers. The business truly has been a labour of love for him.
Alas the business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to another business opportunity that has been presented to him. He is keen to see his beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take it to the next level.
Haybridge Fish Bar offers an extensive menu including:
• Garlic Bread
• Kebabs in Pitta
• Kebabs on Naan
• Pies and Pasties
• Kids Specials
• Pizza Specials
The business has an impressive number of regular customers and offers a delivery service via Just Eat. The sale will include a company Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet with some brilliant reviews.
Scope to improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly twitter and Instagram
• Extend the opening hours
• Look at increasing prices
• Rebrand the business and update the customer area
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many regular customers
• Perfect main road trading position with loads of free parking
• Little or no competition locally
• Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
• Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• A real opportunity to increase turnover, the business is growing at an impressive pace
• All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
• Priced to facilitate a quick sale
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing. This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
Haybridge Fish Bar is located in the Hadley area of Telford.
Hadley is a part of the new town of Telford in the borough of Telford & Wrekin and the ceremonial county of Shropshire.
Telford is about 13 miles east of Shrewsbury, and 30 miles north west of Birmingham, about 13 miles east of Shrewsbury and 30 miles north west of Birmingham. With an estimated population (for the borough) of 170,300 in 2010 and around 155,000 in Telford itself. Telford is the largest town in Shropshire and one of the largest towns in the United Kingdom.
Telford is situated at the terminus of the M54 motorway, a spur of the M6 linking the town with Wolverhampton and the West Midlands, and on the A5 road between Shrewsbury and Cannock. The town has three railway stations and Virgin Trains offer a direct Shrewsbury to London service.
Haybridge Fish Bar is perfectly situated in an unusually busy and vibrant shopping parade in a main road position alongside other complimentary retail businesses such as a convenience store and Letting Agent.
The business thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade. The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage. There is free off-street parking immediately outside the premises.
Haybridge Fish Bar is close to Telford College of Arts (TCAT) and a number of schools and is in an area of densely populated residential housing comprises all types of property both owner occupied and private rented. Additionally, there are a number of large businesses from which the business derives much of its trade.Premises
Haybridge Fish Bar occupies the ground floor of an end terraced retail unit, is nicely presented and maintained and briefly comprises;
• Windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior
• Suspended ceiling with concealed lighting
• Fully tiled walls and vinyl non-slip flooring
• Chairs provide a customer waiting area
• 2 pan stainless steel range and counter with generous wrapping area
• Illuminated menu boards
• Glass fronted drinks chiller
• Stainless steel preparation tables
• New Breville microwave
• 6 pot Bain Marie
• Extraction system with stainless steel canopy
• Twin kebab machine
• Generous kitchen with tiled floor
• Twin deck pizza machine
• Twin stainless steel sinks
• UPVC cladding to walls
• Stainless steel twin compartment fridge with pizza topping and salad bar
• Two chest freezers
• Stainless preparation tables
• 4 ring gas hob
• Chipper and rumbler
• Fridge / freezer
• Glass fronted fridge
• Upright freezer
With access to gas and electricity meters and ample floor storage space.
To the rear of the property is a good-sized yard with space for parking and bin store.Tenure
We are advised that Haybridge Fish Bar is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing lease has approximately 18 ½ year remaining.
The rent is £9,600 per annum which is really reasonable given the size and location of the premises.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
Monday to Friday 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm, 4.30 pm – 10.00 pm
Saturday 4.00 pm – 10.00 pm
Sunday 4.00 pm – 9.00 pmStaff
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 1 full time and 2 part time members of staff along with 2 delivery drivers.Financial Profile
Haybridge Fish Bar generates an advised current turnover of circa £182,000 per annum and the business continues to grow at an impressive pace as it becomes more established.