Freehold Fish & Chip Restaurant/Takeaway Located In Millbrook, South East Cornwall
Self Contained 3 Bedroom Owners Accommodation
This outstanding and well respected Fish & Chip business is located in the village of Millbrook, south east Cornwall. Millbrook is the largest village in Cornwall with a population of circa 2,214 and can be found on the Rame Peninsula, along with Kingsands, Cawsands and many other villages, officially an area of outstanding natural beauty to the west of the Tamar river and the great naval city of Plymouth. Plymouth is the nearest city and can be reached either by the Torpoint ferry (4.3 miles) or the A38 trunk road (22.6 miles).
Freehold Asking Price: £464,950 plus SAV
Leasehold Asking Price: £74,950 plus SAV (Rent £15,000pa Lock up only. New lease available)
Turnover: £132,059 pa
Business Rates: Zero
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this delightful Fish & Chip Restaurant/Takeaway which is located in the village of Millbrook, Cornwall. The business has been established for over 19 years and has been in the careful hands of the current owners for the past 9 years. Reluctantly they are offering the business for sale so that they can enjoy a well deserved retirement. Since ownership they have totally refurbished and continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures & fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is owner operated and employs the help of 2 full time and 1 part time members of staff and has an annual turnover of £132,003 with a GP of (58%). Approximately 90% of the annual turnover is takeaway trade with the remaining 10% from the restaurant. Posh Nosh is the only fish & chip shop for miles and serves a fine range of traditional fish & chips, pies, burgers, Stone Willey’s pizzas, wraps, home made chicken curry condiments and hot & cold drinks to include tea, coffee, wine and beer. The property also includes a self contained 3 bedroom owners accommodation with mature rear gardens. We believe that there is further potential to increase trade should you wish by extending upon the current opening times. The restaurant currently serves fish & chips but previously was a very successful ‘A la carte’ restaurant. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with many visiting tourists. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established concern which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.
Monday – Saturday – 4.30pm – 9.00pm
Sunday – closed
Kitchen/Takeaway area (5.7m x 10.6m) comprising: 3 pan range (Kirvemko), stainless sales counter, 2 electronic cash registers, stainless upright freezer (Polar), 3 stainless steel prep tables, dual fryer, 3 microwaves (Kenwood), microwave (Talent), 6 burner cooker (Burco), extraction unit, filtration unit (Merlin), oven stand, stainless steel prep table, pizza oven (Turbo Chef), 2 stainless steel prep tables, dishwasher (Class EQ), commercial sink with drainer, various kitchen cupboards, 2 upright stainless steel fridges (Gram), upright stainless steel freezer (Gram), stainless steel mobile prep table, wash basin, various kitchen utensils and 3 door chiller cabinet with salad prep.
Store cupboard with various shelves
Potato preparation room (1.3m x 1.9m) comprising: washing machine (Miele), chipper(Bold), peeler (Bold), various stainless steel shelves and stainless steel table.
Restaurant area (13.9m x 4.8m) comprising: 2 settees, various wall pictures, tables & chairs to cover (40), small bar area with under counter fridge (Gamko), electric wall heaters and double glazing
Gents W/C with wash basin
Ladies W/C with wash basin
Disabled toilet with wash basin
Office (3.9m x 2.6m) with desk and various shelves.
W/C and wash basin.
Storage room 1 (4.2m x 2.7m) with chest freezer and various shelves.
Storage room 2 (2.5m x 4.2m) with 3 chest freezers and various shelves.
Storage room 3 (4.2m x 2.3m) with chest freezer (Intuition), 2 chest freezers (Electrolux), 2 chest freezers).
Lounge/dining/kitchen (8.2m x 3.8m)
Bathroom (1.7m x 2.5m)
Bedroom 1 (2.3m x 4.7m) double
Bedroom 2 (3.5m x 3.4m) double
Bedroom 3 (1.7m x 2.5m) single
(All with double glazing)
Viewings strictly by appointment only through our offices
Courtyard Garden with views over the local park. Calor gas (Propane) storage area and potato storeroom.
EPC Rating E
Is accommodation included?: