Fish and Chip Restaurant/Takeaway Located In Wadebridge, Cornwall
Town Centre Location
This outstanding and well respected Fish and Chip business is located in the town of Wadebridge, Cornwall. Wadebridge is now a lively hub on the north coast of Cornwall with a population of circa 8,272 permanent residents with many thousands of visiting tourists during summer months. Wadebridge is the starting point for the very popular Camel Cycle Trail with the route passing the doors of this busy fish and chip business. The very popular fishing town of Padstow is only 8.4 miles away via the A39 trunk road.
Leasehold Asking Price: £149,950 plus SAV (3,000)
Turnover: £260,000 pa net of VAT
Veritas Business Sales are delighted to offer for sale this delightful Fish and Chip Restaurant/Takeaway which is located in the busy town of Wadebridge. The business has been established for over 50 years and has been in the careful hands of the current owners for the past 20 years. Reluctantly they are offering the business for sale so that they can enjoy a well deserved retirement. Since ownership they have totally refurbished and continually invested in new equipment along with fixtures and fittings which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which is a huge plus for any new purchaser as additional funds will not need to be spent for some time. The business is owner operated and employs the help of 4 full time and 3 part time members of staff and has an annual turnover of £260,000 net of vat. Approximately 60% of the annual turnover is takeaway trade with the remaining 40% deriving from the restaurant. Barny's Fish and Chip Restaurant/Takeaway is situated in the perfect position in Wadebridge town centre and serves a fine range of traditional fish and chips, pies, burgers, daily specials, condiments and hot and cold drinks to include tea, coffee. We believe that there is further potential to increase trade should you wish by extending upon the current opening times and applying for an alcohol licence. Wadebridge is surrounded by glorious beaches and campsites with many visitors looking to eat out in the evening. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with many visiting tourists. This is a superb opportunity to purchase an established concern which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this business is not to be missed.
Monday - Saturday - 11.00am - 8.30pm
Sunday - closed
New lease available
Rent: £24,000 pa
Rates: £13,000 pa
Restaurant area (9.9m x 6.2m) comprising: 16 marble and oak tables with chairs to cover (64), various wall pictures, menu boards, entrance to the restaurant and 3 wooden baby chairs.
W/C with wash basin and wall mirror.
Takeaway area (3.6m x 2.7m) comprising: serving counter, tiled floor, upright glass display fridge and menu boards.
Restaurant and drinks prep area (2.8m x 5.6m) comprising: 3 stainless steel prep tables, fresh milk dispenser, coffee machine (Cino), various stainless steel shelves, white under counter fridge (Lec) and 2 fitted kitchen cupboards.
Prep/Chipping room (5.2m x 5.6m) comprising: chest freezer, sink with drainer, turbo fan oven with stand (Blue Seal), chipper (Crypto), potato rumbler (Bold), 2 chippers (Spares) (Crypto) and 8 chip bins.
Kitchen (8.4m x 6.0m) comprising: 4 pan range (fully Serviced Preston Thomas), 4 under counter fridges (Gram), free standing grill (Lincat), 2 microwaves (Panasonic), fish fridge, 2 stainless steel shelves, griddle (Zanussi), filter oil system (CE), 4 burner range, chest freezer (Tef Cold), dual sink with drainer, wash basin, dish washer (Commenda), stainless steel corner shelf unit, upright fridge (Gram), double upright freezer (Williams), stainless steel prep table and fresh air in-take unit.
Office/Locker room (3.1m x 2.2m) comprising: various lockers, desk, chair and small store room.
External Large storage shed and small storage shed. EPC Rating D