Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Billies on The Green - Open to offers!
There has been a green grocery business at this site since the 1960’s and during that time has become part of the local community and is well used and respected.
The current owner has run the business for the last 11 years but is now selling, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to family commitments.
Billies on The Green is a well-stocked and beautifully presented shop selling;
• Fruit and vegetables
• Greeting cards
• Gift bags
• Dairy products such as milk, butter and cream.
• Bird seeds
The business has a website (billiesonthegreen.co.uk) and enjoys good visibility on the internet.
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign, perhaps a leaflet drop locally
• Maximise the use of social media
• Extend the opening hours
• Expand the floristry side of the business by perhaps approaching corporate customers
• Upgrade the existing website, perhaps adding an e-commerce facility.
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many regular customers
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business
• Perfect trading position opposite the Green alongside complimentary businesses
• Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
• Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• A lifestyle business offering the opportunity to work in the lovely and popular village of Tettenhall
• A real opportunity to increase turnover, current owner running at a pace to suit.
• Priced to sell, business values higher but is priced to facilitate a quick sale
Hilton Smythe highly advise early to avoid disappointment.Location
Billies On The Green is Located in Tettenhall, Wolverhampton in the West Midlands.
Tettenhall is an historic village within the city of Wolverhampton.
Tettenhall is one of only a handful of places in England to have two village greens.
Tettenhall Upper Green, where the business is located is situated on high ground near the edge of a ridge that runs in an east-west direction from Aldersley to Perton.
The Upper Green has a large paddling pool, an extensive open grass area, a cricket pitch, practice nets and the clubhouse of Wolverhampton Cricket Club, where W G Grace visited and played.
The A41 runs through the village green as a single carriageway Road. Despite the relatively close proximity to Wolverhampton’s city centre, Tettenhall retains its rural village character and a strong sense of identity among its residents, with many of the older generations in particular continuing to state their county of abode as Staffordshire.
Billies on The Green is ideally situated in an unusually busy and vibrant shopping area alongside other complimentary retail businesses, most of which are independents and include a Post Office, Pharmacy, Greengrocer, Fishmonger, Butchers, Hairdressers and an Estate Agent.
The business thus benefits from high levels of footfall along with healthy passing trade.
The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear, visible signage and free on road parking immediately opposite the premises.Premises
Billies on The Green occupies the ground floor of a period style, inner terraced retail unit and briefly comprises;
• Double fronted with windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior
• Pull out sun blind
• Tiled floor
• Suspended ceiling and feature fan
• Open plan shop area
• Two tills
• Greeting card racking
• Perimeter shelving and fruit and veg racking
• Central shelving gondola
• Glass fronted dairy chiller
• A generously work area with office area with desk
• Fluorescent lighting
• Perimeter shelving
• Floor storage space
• Good size walk-in chiller
• Toilet facilities
• Door to sideTenure
We are advised that Billies on The Green is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
New 6 year lease signed March 2019.
The rent is a very reasonable £13,800 Per Annum.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
Monday to Saturday - 8.00 am – 5.00 pm
Sunday – ClosedStaff
The business run and managed by our client with the help of 4 part time members of staff.Financial Profile
Billies on The Green generates an advised current turnover of circa £155,000 per annum.