* Operating from rural workshop and yard
* Garage undertaking servicing, repairs and MOT's
* Garage with MOT station, 2 post ramp, wheel balancer etc
* Yard space for potential introduction of car sales
* Same ownership for past 12 years
Okehampton 9 miles, Launcestion 12 miles, Beaworthy 6 miles.
The premises is on the edge of Bratton Clovelly on Chapel Road, being the main road through the Village.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main workshop provides a floor area of circa 1,752 sq.ft (163 sq.m) under a pitched profiled roof with double doors providing access to the workshop and a personnel door leading to the office. To the front and side of the workshop is yard space, which could be utilised for vehicle display if desired. Within the fitted workshop is an MOT bay, 2 post ramp as well as assorted vehicle repair and servicing equipment. Additional specification includes office, kitchenette and toilet facilities. The workshop has single phase electricity and 2 x Three Phase generators.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest to include an assignment of the existing lease. We understand the current rent is £100 / week, with the premises being eligible for 100% small business rates relief.
Having been owner occupied for the past 12 years, the business is now operated with the assistance of a sub contracted mechanic, but ideally suiting an owner occupier again. Operating as a traditional garage, trade is derived from vehicle servicing, repairs and MOT's, although it is thought there is scope to introduce display of second hand vehicles. Turnover for the past couple years has been approximately £80,000.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £6,600 Rates Payable: £3,168 based on uniformed business rate of 48.0p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
59`1 x 29`8 (18.00 m x 9.05 m) 1,752 sq.ft (163 sq.m) Double sliding doors to workshop, personnel door to office / reception. MOT bay, 1 x 2 post ramp, brake rollers, wheel balance, air heater, tyre changer, assorted mechanical and repair equipment, toilet facilities and kitchenette.
To the front and side of the workshop is a concrete yard and car parking area. 2 x Three Phase generators.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org