Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Ogden Motors Engineers Limited, which was established by our client, who is retiring, in 1980 and therefore, a name that is synonymous with the area.
Ogden’s is a traditional service and MOT garage, carrying out Class 4 MOTs.
There are 3 other garages that take their MOTs to Ogden’s, bringing in further turnover at £30 per MOT, MOT’s are charged at £35 to the public.
Ogden’s has many repeat customers and has 4* reviews on Yell.
Although the business is profitable there is plenty of scope for development;
• Introduction of a website
• Creating a social media page
• Introduction of a service recall system
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Ogden Motor Engineers Limited is located in March, Cambridgeshire, just off the main A141 between Wisbech and Huntingdon.
The business is situated on Whittlesey Road and being sold with a 3-bedroom detached house which the main workshop sits behind.
There is a long driveway to the workshop giving parking for 12 or so vehicles.Premises
• Front garden which is laid to lawn
• Entrance door to the hall with doors to lounge, cloakroom and kitchen
• Large well-appointed lounge with field views to the front
• Cloakroom a modern 2-piece suite
• Kitchen – fully refitted in 2014 to include integrated fridge and freezer, with plenty of wall and base units, sink unit, door to garden and door to utility room
• Utility room with door to side
On the first floor:
• Master bedroom with dressing room and modern en-suite shower room
• Double bedroom
• Single bedroom
• Family bathroom
• Patio rear garden with garden shed.
The house has double glazing throughout and is heated by radiators via a gas central heating system.
The garage is positioned to the rear of the house and is accessed by a long driveway with parking for around 12 vehicles.
Roller door and pedestrian door to the main workshop area.
The workshop has a 4 post 3.5 tonne MOT ramp and all MOT equipment.
Other equipment includes:
• 2.5 tonne 2 post ramp
• 2 tonne 1 post ramp
• Air conditioning machine
• 2 compressors
• 2 tyre machines
• 1 balancer
• General tools
There is an area of racking for tyres and an office with the MOT computer.
To the rear of the building is a lean-to area for storage.Tenure
We are advised the business is being sold as a Freehold opportunity.Hours
The business opening hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
Saturday: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
The business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 2 full time members of staff.Financial Profile
Ogden Motor Engineers Limited generated an advised turnover of circa £150,775 as of the 2017 accounts, with a gross profit of 30%
The assets in the business are worth in the region of £25,000
3-bedroom detached houses in the area are on the market and selling for between £225,000 - £250,000.