Prominently positioned in the heart of the historic market town of Corwen alongside the old A5 London to Holyhead Road, the Owain Glyndwr Hotel stands proud amidst an eclectic mix of architecture, being a fine example of an 18th century coaching inn which has retained most of its original character and is a highly significant element of the townscape - a landmark building within the town. This Grade II Listed hotel, largely built in 1740 incorporates parts of a much earlier structure and was extended and enlarged in 1890 and reputedly the place where the first public Eisteddfod was held in 1789. This is an eye-catching building, exhibiting and retaining much of its original character to both the interior and exterior. The hotel comprises of various meeting/conference rooms, restaurant/breakfast rooms, a full size and well equipped catering kitchen, two bars and 15 guest rooms (13 en-suites and 2 with private bathrooms) plus a 2 bedroom owner’s accommodation. The property could rightly continue in its current capacity as a hotel and restaurant. Located just a short distance is a very useful private parking area of 430 square meters which can accommodate numerous vehicles and should be considered a vital asset.
We have been informed by the vendor that there is a stream running underneath the property.
Prominently positioned in the heart of the historic market town of Corwen alongside the old A5 London to Holyhead Road.