• Superb – 8 bedroom Guest House
• Consistently high levels of turnover and profitability
• Separate owners accommodation
• A prime position in sought after East Devon coastal village
• All year-round trade
• Well-appointed guest facilities
• Long established reputation and regular guest base
• Lots of further potential
• Extensive inventory of quality fixtures and fittings included
• Turnkey business
• Wonderful lifestyle opportunity
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this established 8 bedroom Guest House with generous private owners accommodation which is located in the beautiful picturesque village of Beer on the UNESCO World Heritage Jurassic Coast in Devon. The famous beach, excellent local restaurants, shops and attractions are just a stroll away.
Operating from impressive extremely well presented premises of real charm and character, this exceptionally successful and profitable hotel generates a turnover of over £50,000. The room rates vary from £75 per night to £95 per night. A high percentage of guests staying are repeat bookings which is reflected in its TripAdvisor rating of 4.5 (Excellent)
Durham House represents an excellent opportunity to purchase a thriving privately run Guest House with scope to further increase trade possibly by running a modest marketing campaign, in order to improve upon the already impressive levels of turnover achieved in the hands of the current proprietors.
The business has built up an excellent reputation and enjoys a high level of repeat bookings due to its central location and friendly welcoming atmosphere.
A well-maintained premises occupying a prominent highly visible position in the centre of the village. Durham House offers 8 tastefully designed and furnished bedrooms that include a mix of, doubles (or twin) and king size rooms. All rooms have modern facilities and there are spacious public areas. There is also a good size two-bedroom owner’s apartment part of which has underfloor heating with private kitchen etc.
The premises have been sympathetically converted, modernised and extended over the years creating an exceptional standard of business accommodation. The garden benefits from stunning views across the village as well as the sea beyond.
The accommodation briefly comprises:
• Entrance porch
• Reception hallway with guest book
• Breakfast room with seating for 16
Ground Floor Owners Accommodation
• Kitchen with back door to court yard and garden
• Dining room
• Double bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Room 4 Double room with separate private bathroom
• Room 5 King size room with en-suite facilities
• Room 6 Double room with en-suite facilities
• Room 8 King size room with en-suite facilities
• Room 9 Twin room with en-suite facilities
• Room 10 Double room with en-suite facilities. Doors that open onto a private garden
• Room 2 Double room with en-suite facilities
• Room 3 Double room with en-suite facilities
• Rear gardens, the main one of which has a good sized patio area offering sea views
• Store area
• Utility room
Current turnover in excess of £50,000 per annum, with good profits and scope to increase.
Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
The business is run by the proprietors with help from part time staff as required
Business Rates and Council Tax
We are advised that the business rates payable currently are: TBC
The business is open all year
Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction. This may not include the landlord’s costs.
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01297 598080
Please remember that selling a business can be a sensitive issue and staff or suppliers may not be aware of a sale at this point. Do not attempt to contact the business directly. Thankyou
Is accommodation included?:
Beer is a historic fishing village nestled between the larger coastal towns of Seaton and Sidmouth, a worthy finalist of Channel 4's village of the year 2018. Its maritime heritage is still evident today.
The town of Seaton, 2 miles to the East, offers a wider choice of facilities and is easily reached by car or bus, whilst the market towns of Honiton and Axminster both offer rail services to London Waterloo and Exeter to the West.