Leasehold £25,000 + stock at value.
• Established over 30 years.
• Enviable reputation, much repeat custom.
• Prime location on main shopping street in Littleborough.
• High daily footfall and much passing trade.
• Ample car parking in vicinity.
• Low overheads.
• Rent £135 per week, new lease to be assigned, no business rates payable.
Aspire ( Business and Company Sales Specialists ) are delighted to offer for sale this unique retail business selling a wide range of haberdashery, wools, yarns and threads as well as offering an alteration service. It is located in a prominent and highly desirable trading location on the main shopping street within the picturesque and thriving village of Littleborough in Greater Manchester. The leasehold premises have an attractive, wide frontage with prominent signage and ample free car parking facilities close by. The business is surrounded by a variety of other quality independent shops and local businesses, generating a high daily footfall and much repeat custom. Littleborough itself is easily accessible from junction 21 of the M62 motorway and is on the main A58 which links Rochdale through to Littleborough and over to Todmorden, Hebden Bridge and Halifax. It is on the foothills of the South Pennines attracting locals and visitors seven days a week as a popular shopping and leisure destination.
The retail business has been established for over 30 years and has built up an enviable reputation throughout the local area with a loyal following and much repeat custom. It stocks an exceptionally wide variety of threads, fabrics, zips, patterns ( King Cole and Style craft ), wool, buttons, DMC threads, ribbon and also offers an alterations service. All patterns are stocked on a sale or return basis. Current weekly turnover is on average £700 per week. There remains infinite scope to develop the business further if desired as there is negligible pro-active marketing taking place, no website, no e-commerce or social media presence. In addition the premises are ideal for offering sewing lessons perhaps or expanding the product range into interior design curtains, accessories and wall hangings if desired.
The ground floor, leasehold, lock-up premises briefly comprise of..
Front shop entrance.
- Open Plan Retail Sales Area; wide sales counter, electronic cash register, traditional bespoke haberdashery glass fronted display cabinet, shelving / racking on perimeter walls, central product displays, DMC embroidery thread stand.
- Rear Stock Room /Workshop Area; cutting table, shelving / racking on perimeter walls, wool and thread storage, over-locker, industrial sewing machine, pattern storage.
- Kitchenette Area; single drainer sink, microwave, storage unit.
- Staff WC and basin.
- Rear exit door.
This is a unique opportunity to purchase such a well-established and unique business offering plenty of scope, located in such an ideal trading position within Littleborough. Early discussions with Aspire, in confidence, must come highly recommended. Reference 1862. Phone 01257 440544. www.aspirebusinesses.co.uk