Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Infinity Hair Salon.
Infinity Hair Salon was founded over 55 years ago and has been a popular destination for the residents of Tredegar and the surrounding towns and villages.
The business recently relocated from its original premises just up the road and the opportunity was taken to fully revamp the business and take it more upmarket which has resulted in a younger customer base, although it is still incredibly popular with older residents. The current owner has run the business successfully and lucratively for many years and it has been a real labour of love for her.
Alas the business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so that the owner can take a change of direction. She is keen to see her beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this popular and well-respected business to the next level.
Infinity Hair Salon is a small, friendly and busy hair salon which strives to keep up to date with all classic and modern hairstyles within a stylish and relaxed environment.
The business has an impressive number of regular customers but also enjoys a significant number of “walk-ins”. Many of the regular customers have been using the business for years and are known on a first name basis by the current owner who is a popular and well-respected member of the local community.
Services offered by the business include;
• Ladies Cuts
• Gents Cuts
• Kids Cuts
• Wet Cuts
• Cut & Blow Dry’s
• Shampoo & Sets
• Dry Re-styles
• Colours & Blow Dry
• Ombré One Colour
• Natural Styling
The business offers Senior Citizens perms on a Wednesday which prove very popular.
The sale will include the company Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet from sites such as yell.com, thomsonlocal.com and yelp.co.uk etc.
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly twitter and Instagram
• Extend the opening hours
• Introduce further beauty treatments, perhaps nail and brows
• Explore online voucher offerings from the likes of Groupon and Wowcher
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• Considerable money has been spent on this business recently making it a real Turnkey opportunity
• Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
• Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• Perfect trading position in a busy shopping street
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit
• Ideal owner managed or partnership
• Would suit a qualified individual looking to take their first foray into self-employment
• Priced to sell
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment. This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
Infinity Hair Salon is Located in Tredegar in Gwent.
Tredegar is a town and community situated on the banks of the Sirhowy River in the county borough of Blaenau Gwent, in the southeast of Wales. It is situated in the south of Wales, 156 miles west from London and 30 miles north of Cardiff.
The town has existed for more than 200 years and its past has been shaped by heavy industry, particularly Iton and Coal. Within the historic boundaries of Monmouthshire, it became an early centre of the Industrial Revolution in Wales. The relevant wards (Tredegar Central and West, and Georgetown) collectively listed the town’s population as 9,473 in the 2011 census.
One of Tredegar’s main attributes is the Town Clock, dominating the southern part of the town centre and close to the business premises. The clock was made by JB Joyce & Co of Whitchurch, Shropshire and was the idea of Mrs.R.P Davies the wife of the Tredegar Ironworks Manager, who had decided that she wanted to present a “lofty illuminated clock” and it was she who decided that it would be erected in the Circle.
Tredegar today is a town that after some year in decline is a town that is now building for better things for its future. Looking forward and building on what has been before.
Infinity Hair Salon is ideally situated in the main shopping area of Castle street and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses many of which are interesting independents. The area is unusually busy and vibrant, and the business thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. There is free on street parking nearby and a large, inexpensive shoppers car park a couple of minutes’ walk away.Premises
Infinity Hair Salon occupies the ground floor of a period style, inner terraced retail unit. It really is beautifully presented and maintained and briefly comprises:
• Electric security shutter
• Window and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior
• Recently refurbished throughout at considerable cost to the vendor and having a lovely upmarket feel
• Generously proportioned at 30.8 sqm
• Expensive looking wood effect flooring
• Bespoke counter with button upholstered front
• Freestanding cupboard
• 3 Hair stations each with mirror
• Floating shelf
• Electrical sockets
• Leather effect chair and footrest
• Velvet chairs providing a customer waiting area
• Back wash in a distinctive black colour with Triton electric shower unit
• Front wash in White with Triton electric shower attachment
• Useful under stairs cupboard which is currently used for storage of colours and product
With close coupled toilet and hand wash basin
Window to rear, Newly refitted with base units, stainless steel sink and drainer with Monobloc tap, door to rear.
To the rear of the salon is a car park with allocated parking spaceTenure
We are advised that the business is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing Lease is currently arranged on a monthly rolling basis, but the landlord would be happy to agree a mutually acceptable lease with a new owner.
The rent is £5260 per annum which is really reasonable given the size, condition and location of the premises.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
Monday – 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Tuesday - 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Wednesday – 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday - 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Saturday - 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Sunday - ClosedStaff
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 2 part time members of staff.Financial Profile
Infinity Hair Salon generated an advised turnover of circa £32,000 as per the 2018 accounts with a gross profit of approximately 95%.