• Sold as fully equipped salon and beauty rooms, plus website, Facebook and Instagram pages
• 11 years of established trade
• Town Centre location close to High Street and car parking
• Ground floor salon with 8 cutting stations, 3 wash basins and nail bar
• 2 x first floor beauty rooms
• Owner currently undertaking 3 days per week, staffing in place
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The subject property is located within Holland Walk, being a pedestrianised retail parade linking the Town's High Street and Tuly Street, where the Cattle Market Car Park and library are located. There are a wide variety of retail, office and leisure users in the immediate vicinity with national operators close-by including Costa, Boots, Poundland and Marks and Spencer.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a single fronted two storey salon / shop premises. The ground floor is fitted as a hairdressers with 8 cutting stations, 3 wash basins and nail bar. Further specification includes laminate flooring, reception desk, down lighters and 3 dryers. The first floor is utilised for beauty treatments with a waiting area and two treatment rooms as well as a kitchenette, toilet and stockroom which has a Joule water tank (fitted approximately 2 years ago).
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of her business and an assignment of the existing 5 year lease, at a current rent of £22,000 per annum.
Having been established by our client approximately 11 years ago the business operates as a hair and beauty salon. The hairdressers employs 2/3 members of staff with 4/5 self employed, and a further 2 employed for beauty treatments and 1 self employed. Our clients only undertakes 3 days of cutting within the business at present. Current opening hours are Mon-Wed 9am-5pm, Thurs 9am-8pm, Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-4pm. Turnover for yearend 2019 was £115,000 with wages of £43,000, a meaningful net profit was made with more accounts information available upon request. Beauty treatments offered include massages, waxing, manicures, pedicures, spray tans, Caci skin treatments to name a few. The business is sold with both Facebook and Instagram pages as well as website (co.uk and .com).
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Arranged as a single fronted retail unit with entrance door fronting Holland Walk.
Shop Depth (max) 28`11 (8.80 m)
Internal Width (max) 17`10 (5.45 m)
Gross Internal Area 516 sq.ft 48 (sq.m)
Specification includes laminate flooring, down lighters, reception desk, 8 cutting stations, 3 wash basins, 2 dryers, 3 station nail bar, stock room
WAITING AREA with seating
BEAUTY ROOM 1
Laminate flooring, spot lighting, massage table, hot stone heater
BEAUTY ROOM 2
Laminate flooring, spot lighting, massage table, waxing pots, Caci treatment machine, spray tan booth
Low level w.c.
STAFF ROOM / STORE
Joule water tank, replaced 2018
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com