House Martin Carpentry
House Martin was founded in 2002 by the current owner who is now moving home to another area.
The business has always aimed to deliver a high quality, conscientious and flexible service, to people who appreciate and value craftsmen who take care in their work.
Specializing in domestic carpentry, joinery, restoration and most general maintenance work.
Cabinets and Cupboards,
Shelves and Storage,
Bannisters and railings
Sash window repairs and restoration,
Decking and Fencing,
Garden rooms and Sheds
The sale includes the House Martin website (housemartin.homestead.com) the business mobile number, a distinctive sign written van. A customer database.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet from the like of Mums net, Nextdoor, Google maps, Houzze, yell.com etc., and an enviable prominence and reputation in the Bristol area.
House Martin enjoys repeat business from regular customers, and new ones are constantly being added to the database.
Scope for improvement.
Extend the hours.
• Due to some ill health over the past five years, the business has not run at full capacity and has been running at a pace to suit.
Larger workshop space.
• The owner has achieved a decent income from a very small 9'x13' garage workshop attached to his home, however, income would be gained from being able to scale up in a larger workshop.
Take on staff /partner.
• The owner has mainly worked alone (although has used subcontractors for larger jobs occasionally), working with a partner would increase productivity.
Take on building work.
• If the new owner had experience or wanted to develop this lucrative field.
Reasons to Buy.
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many repeat customers.
• An ideal opportunity for a woodworker or DIY enthusiast who would like to break into the professional trade.
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, the current owner has been running at a pace to suit.
• Ideal bolt-on to an existing construction or home interior business.
• Masses of local work, the owner never normally has to travel more than 20 minutes to a job.
• The current owner is happy to offer some ongoing telephone support to ensure the continued success and some hands-on instruction could be negotiated if necessary.
It is highly advised to view early to avoid disappointment. This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
• North Bristol
The business currently operates In North and South Bristol.
• The sale includes a sign written 2002 Toyota High Ace Van complete with security cabinet and tool racks.
Support and Training:
The current owner is happy to offer some ongoing telephone support to ensure continued success and some hands-on instruction could be negotiated if necessary.
Is this business home based: