A great opportunity to acquire a 20 year old established business in the delightful Marina de Lagos, on Portugal’s sunny western Algarve.
The current owner wishes to retire to spend more time with family in Lisbon, but is happy to give up to 12 months hands-on support if required.
Hundreds of long-standing clients and repeat business which comes in daily via mobile phone or e-mail.
The business would suit a person with good DC & AC electrical knowledge, perhaps with marine experience, or an existing boat owner, wishing to relocate to a new life in a country with plenty of sun, nice people, and good food. The cost of living is much lower than in the UK & many other European countries.
Work parameters include: Fault location & repair to all DC & AC systems on sailing yachts & power boats, plus installation of new systems:
• Complete Navigational Systems, such as GPS, AIS, Electronic Chart Plotters and Autopilots.
• Sailing Instruments, such as Depth, Boat Speed, and Wind Speed & Wind Angle.
• Interfacing of Data Protocols.
• Communication Systems such as Marine VHF & SSB radios.
• Electrical Anchor Winches, Bowthrusters, Batteries, Battery Chargers and Inverters.
• Solar Panels, Voltage Regulators, Wind Generators, and Water Generators.
• Navigation Lighting and Internal Lighting systems.
• DC & AC Switch Panels and Circuits Breakers.
• Hot Water Boilers and Immersion Heater Elements.
• Diesel fired, Air and Water Space Heaters.
• DC & AC Pumps for Fresh Water, Bilges, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, and Tank Discharge.
• Tank Gauges for both Water and Fuel.
• Engine Electrics and Alternators.
• Ground Bonding Systems and Cathodic Protection.
• Marine AC Generators and Electric Motors.
• Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Electrics.
• Corrosion Specialist.
• Many other items not listed above.
Close working relationship with local colleagues, specializing in Engine Mechanics, Carpentry, Sails, Rigging, Canvas & Upholstery and other trades.
Good local marine supplies, Boatyard and Chandlery.
Some Specialist Tools and Instruments included.
Seller has 11 year experience with English Boat Brokerage Company, and can pass on new agency with support.
Turnover of £ 50 – 100K p.a. can be achieved, depending on how much effort is applied, assistance etc.
Asking £ 50,000, for sale with signed non-competition agreement, but price is negotiable.