Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Bilston News & Booze.
Bilston News & Booze is a popular and well stocked Convenience Store and Off Licence.
There has been a Newsagents at this site for over 60 years and the current owner has run it successfully and lucratively for the last 5 years or so during which time it has flourished with turnover increasing significantly year on year.
The business is now being sold only due to the owners wish to take a well-earned retirement and do some travelling.
Bilston News & Booze sells a good range of products including;
• Newspapers and Magazines
• Tobacco products
• Crisps and snacks
• Beers wines and spirits
• Cold soft drinks
• Frozen foods
• Ice creams
• Greeting cards
• Fruit and vegetables
• Bread and cakes
• Milk, butter and dairy
• General groceries
• Household cleaning items.
Additionally, the business has a Payzone terminal (weekly takings approximately £300-£500), a Lotto terminal (weekly takings of approximately £2000) and a ‘Pass My Parcel’ Parcel Service. The weekly news bill is approximately £150-£200.
Reasons to Buy
1. A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
2. Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
3. All fixtures and fittings included in sale making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
4. Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business
5. Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
6. Prime trading position in a busy main road location.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Bilston News & Booze is Located in Wolverhampton in the West Midlands
Wolverhampton is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands with a population of approximately 250,000.
Wolverhampton is near to several motorways with four being located within 7 miles of the city centre and being the M5, M6, M54 and M6 Toll. Wolverhampton Train Station is today one of the major stations on the West Coast Main line and has regular rail services to London Euston, Birmingham New Street and Manchester Piccadilly as well as most other major cities in the U.K.
Bilston News and Booze is ideally located in a busy main road position and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade as well as an impressively high number of regular customers.
The business is situated in a densely populated residential area which also has a significant number of industrial units and small independent businesses.
The business is well signed with clear visible signage and distinctive livery.
There is free on street parking close to the business along with free parking in the surrounding side street.Premises
The business occupies the ground floor of an end terraced retail unit and briefly comprises;
• Windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior, cleverly designed to maximise the space available
• Tiled floor
• Suspended cling to front of shop
• Fluorescent lighting
• Glass fronted drinks chiller
• Long open chiller
• Double glass fronted chiller
• Perimeter shelving
• Central shelving gondola
• Glass topped ice cream and frozen food freezer
• Greeting card rack
• Counter with generous wrapping area and cigarette gantry behind
• Newspaper and magazine racking
Toilet with hand wash basin.Tenure
We are advised that Bilston News & Booze is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing 6-year Lease has approximately a year remaining, but we are advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable lease with a new owner.
The rent is a very reasonable £7800 Per annum.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.Hours
Monday to Saturday 6am to 9.30pm
Sunday 7.30 to 9.00pmStaff
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of his wife.Financial Profile
Bilston News And Booze generates an advised current turnover of approximately £192,000 per annum.