Spratt and Son are delighted to offer this excellent opportunity to purchase the Freehold interest of this attractive and substantial building considered suitable for a variety of commercial uses, subject to obtaining any necessary consent.
The Grade II Listed property, which was built in the 1800s, comprises a former church with accommodation extending to a gross internal area of approximately 5,326 sq ft.
Externally, the property benefits from mature lawned grounds to two sides and hard standing providing off road car parking.
Worthing is the largest town in West Sussex, located on the coast between Brighton and Chichester. Worthing has a resident urban population of approximately 100,000 people and a population of around 500,000 within a 13 mile catchment area.
The property occupies a prominent corner position fronting Gratwicke, Shelley and Eriswell Roads. Worthing’s main shopping precinct, seafront and promenade with their mix of high street and independent restaurants, cafes, bars and hotels are within walking distance, whilst Worthing Mainline Railway Station is within one mile.
The accommodation with approximate sizes briefly comprises:
Entrance Vestibule 79 sq ft
Maximum overall depth 18'6
Maximum overall width 41'8
Approximate area 770 sq ft
Store Room 114 sq ft
Maximum overall depth 78'
Maximum overall width 50'
Approximate area 3693 sq ft
Vestry 186 sq ft
Office 484 sq ft
GROSS INTERNAL AREA 5326 sq ft
The property has grounds to three sides. There are matured lawned gardens to the north and eastern sides, whilst the western area is laid to asphalt and provides off road parking with vehicular access from Eriswell Road.
We understand that the property benefits from all mains services but would recommend that interested parties make their own enquiries.
The building is Grade II Listed.
We understand that the property currently has existing D1 use under the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order.
We would recommend that interested parties make their own enquiries regarding planning permission prior to entering into an agreement.
Worthing Borough Council.
Planning & Development - 01903 221065
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
The vendors reserve the right to remove any of the stained glass windows, pews, the pulpit, font and other furnishings prior to completion (subject to Listed Building Consent).
The vendors also reserve the right to remove any memorials prior to completion.
Offers are invited for the Freehold interest with full vacant possession at a Guide Price of £695,000.
Prospective purchasers must submit offers in writing to the offices of Spratt and Son, subject to the following stipulations:
1. Offers must be accompanied by sketch plans and written details of the proposed use of the property
2. The Vendors do not bind themselves to accept the highest or any offer
3. The offer must state clearly the price which the applicant is prepared to offer and provide details of any conditions that the offer may be subject to
Conditional acceptance of an offer will be subject to:
1. Completion by the Church Commissioners of pastoral (church buildings disposal) scheme authorising the new use and disposal of the property
2. Approval by the Church Commissioners of detailed plans and specifications of any proposed architectural or structural alterations following consultation with their expert advisors
LEGAL AND GENERAL NOTE:
1. All offers received will be referred to the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee (DMPC). Whilst the DMPC does not have a power of disposal, it will make a recommendation to the Church Commissioners who have power under the Pastoral Measure 1983 to prepare and issue a draft pastoral (church buildings disposal) scheme authorising the new use and disposal of the property.
2. In the event of that scheme becoming effective the Commissioners will be empowered to sell the property for the authorised use when the remaining statutory requirements are completed. The scheme will also free the property from the legal effects of consecration.
3. Until the scheme has been completed the Commissioners will not be in a position to proceed to contract.
Please note that Covenants will be included when disposing of the property. These a designed to ensure the property is used for authorised purposes only and to prevent unauthorised alterations or demolition. Copies of the standard covenants are available upon request.
Purchasers should make their own enquiries to establish whether or not VAT is chargeable prior to entering into an agreement.
The property is exempt from the requirement of an Energy Performance Certificate as both a Listed Building and a place of worship.
Strictly by prior appointment through agents, Spratt & Son