BUSINESS FOR SALE
Bespoke Fuel (bespokefuel.com) was the brainchild of an ex-Gordon Ramsey chef who knew from customer research there was a growing demand for high quality, freshly prepared and daily delivered food to time poor customers who had specific food goals.
Getting the right food intake (Carbohydrates/ Protein/ Iron/ fruit/ vegetables etc) remains a challenge for many people who lead hectic daily lives. Bespoke Fuel’s fully owned end-to-end business solves this problem.
The Global Meal Preperation Market is worth an estimated Revenue of US$2.5 billion in 2017* and is forecast to grow 17.5% CAGR (* Source: Hexa Research 2017). This is further broken down by customer needs:
- Diet Meals (75%)
- Muscle Meals (25%)
Bespoke Fuel has invested c.£200k+ in its foundations to operate:
- Menu design based on customer needs
- Food preparation using state of the art equipment in a purpose built kitchen & cold store room
- Digital platform through Bespokefuel.com; ordering platform and customer acquisition/ retention tools
- Logistics (daily food delivery scheduling) using 2x vans owned by the business
- Customer services 24/7
The current owner is wanting an exit to focus on her family. There will be a full handover upon completion, and the opportunity to receive food menu consultancy on a part time basis.
2 Portal Way
Acton, W3 6RT
Asking Price (now price reduced for quick sale):
£79,000 ex VAT
Included in the sale:
- The Brand, bespokefuel.com (domain and website), and goodwill created
- 2x Bespoke Fuel vans (£12k value)
- Online ordering system (recently purchased for £27k)
- All existing and databased customers
- Fridges/ Cookers (£15k cost as new)
- Bespoke Fuel delivery bags
- All non-perishable food
- Introductions to all current fresh food suppliers
- Full handover of the business operation, and ongoing support if required.
Leasehold- monthly revolving contract for kitchen (purposed built) & on-site office.
c.£6,000 p.m. (inc VAT) and includes all running costs (electricity/ rates/ on-site parking etc)
Current Financial Performance:
Annual Turnover in FY18- £300k
More details on request.
The owner strengths were in menu design and creating high quality fresh food. This business is ripe for scaling up NOW. Employing a business development team to focus on the following sectors would immediately increase sales and revenue.
- The B2C market (selling direct to customers); huge potential through spending on SEO, PPC, online partnerships
- The B2B2C market using distributors to sell to mass audiences such as Reward Gateway/ Vitality HR programs
- White Labelling the website to personalise food delivery for businesses who want to sell Bespoke Fuel under their own brand
A customer referral program has been considered but not deployed. The feedback from customers is 4/5 star ratings.
Moving the business to the rest of the UK is an option, and expansion could come through organic growth or through Franchising.
Points of reference:
THIS BUSINESS WILL NOT BE AROUND FOR LONG, SO ACT QUICKY.