Transworld business advisors is seeking an investor for a business to business supplier of health and safety and hospitality related public space equipment.
The products can be used in any business public space such as reception areas, foyers, lounges, waiting rooms, retail spaces and many other locations. With over five million businesses in the UK and increasing focus on health and safety the market and scope for expansion is massive.
Some of the key products have disposable components which mean that once a client has purchased the base product there is a need for on-going orders of disposable parts creating regular repeat order across the client base.
All the products are extremely high quality and our manufactured in the Far East and stored and distributed by a courier based in southern England. The business is run from a home office and an investor could be based in almost any location, although some travel will be required to meet the current owner, suppliers and clients.
The business has been trading for fifteen years and as a result of excellent service has established itself as a trusted supplier to a host of prestigious clients including the NHS, HCA private hospitals, Compass Group, National Trust and high level independent offices and facilities management companies.
With more resources in terms of both time and money there are significant opportunities to scale the business;
• Increase the product range by diversifying into other Health & Safety avenues.
• Become a broader reseller and use drop ship arrangements with bigger suppliers for products that would complement the existing product range.
• Place a satellite in Northern Ireland / Ireland. Carriage from the UK to Ireland is extremely high and to import direct would enable rapid expansion in this market.
• Improvement/renew the website so that new products and ecommerce are added.
• Add further sales and marketing activity to facilitate expansion into the huge untapped market opportunity.
• Increase the level of account management with the existing client base to increase both repeat orders and broader product range sales.
At the business’s height revenue was circa £255k with a net profit of circa £55k. In recent years, trading performance has suffered due to a lack of time and resource as a result of shrinkage in the business management capacity. With the execution of a focused sales and marketing strategy, trade could ramp up significantly, from both the existing loyal client base and the broader market.
The owner is looking to secure funding and an individual with the energy, enthusiasm and vision to help move the company forward. With the correct focus and time expended on the many growth opportunities, higher profits could easily be achieved and the business expanded beyond its previous heights.
The ideal investor will have the time and resources to work with the current owner who is open to a buy-out in a few years, once the company has capitalised on more of it’s potential.
The ideal individual will have a proven track record in sales and marketing and be IT literate. Experience with facilities management and the health and safety sector would also be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity to invest in a small business with highly prestigious client base and with huge potential for growth.