* Garage undertaking servicing, repairs and MOT's
* Garage with rolling road, 2 x ramps, MOT equipment, wheel balancer etc
* Yard space for potential introduction of car sales
* Petrol and diesel fuel pumps
* Shop and Post Office with salary
* Currently operated with staffing team in garage and shop
* Established business and trade
Great Torrington 7 miles North, Hatherleigh and Okehampton 7 and 14 miles South respectively.
Occupying a road fronted village centre location on the A386, close to the Malt Scoop Inn and Barometer World.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main workshop provides a floor area of circa 2,072 sq.ft (192 sq.m) under a pitched profiled roof with double doors to one end and sliding doors to the side. Adjoining the workshop is a self contained shop which has a Post Office counter. To the front of the site is a fuel pump with 2 x diesel tanks and 1 x petrol tank on site. There is car parking for the shop as well as hard standing for the garage which given its main road location could provide potential for forecourt space and car sales.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest to include an assignment of the existing lease.
Benefiting from a established trade the business is predominantly operated by staff due to other business commitments of the owner, giving new, more "hands on", owners the opportunity of increasing profitability. Net turnover for the business from the past 3 years has been between £193,000 and £201,000, with the Post Office salary, including commissions being between £13,000 and £15,000. At present the business is operated with a wage bill in excess of £50,000, with the garage open 5 days per week 8.30am - 5.30pm and the shop open 9am - 5pm (closed for lunch) 4 days per week plus 2 half days per week.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £5,100 Rates Payable: £2,458 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
63`5 x 32`8 (19.30 m x 9.95 m) 2,072 sq.ft (192 sq.m) Dual access with double doors to end and sliding doors to side, MOT bay with rolling road, 1 x 4 post ramp, 1 x 2 post ramp, compressor, assorted mechanical and repair equipment, office and toilet facilities
SHOP / POST OFFICE
13`0 x 12`7 (3.95 m x 3.85 m) Counter, post office counter, lottery terminal, fridge, chiller, double glazed entrance door
Petrol and diesel pumps with 2 x 2,000 litre diesel tanks and 1 x 1,000 litre petrol tank. Hard standing and car parking providing suitable space for the potential introduction of car sales. 4 additional outbuildings / stores utilise by garage and Post Office.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Downloadable Documents Sign In / Register to view
Main road site residential area Devon city. Lock-up premises with well equipped sales shop (approximately ...More Details
Plymouth, Devon, W/T £ 7,000, Excellent local business, Post Office, Lottery, Paypoint, steady flow o...More Details
Busy CONVENIENCE STORE, situated in large WEST DEVON village, enjoying central trading position within BRAD...More Details