• Portland Post Office with good retail sales
• Spacious 4-bedroom owner’s accommodation
• Sea views from many rooms
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Excellent local reputation
• Turnkey Business
• Retirement sale
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Post Office which has strong retail sales. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 2000 during which time they have run a successful business and enjoyed the benefits of a spacious family home. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendors wish to retire. The business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this very well established, family-run concern has become an important focal point of the local community over the course of many years' successful trading by conducting a useful and popular retail operation of an extensive selection of greetings cards, confectionery and stationery as well as a wide range fishing tackle & seasonal goods along with a full range of Post Office services.
The Paper Shop is run by our clients with help from part time staff. The business generates a turnover in the region of £300,000 per year with high gross profit margins. The Post Office commission is in the region of £22,800 per year.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position in the centre of the delightful island of Portland which is 5 miles south west of Weymouth in Dorset.
The premises are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation as well as a spacious private 4 bedroom family home with private rear garden. Many of the rooms benefit from sea views.
The premises briefly comprise:
Ground Floor Business Space
• Retail area which boasts a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving. Post Office combi counter with parcel weighing facilities and computerised serving position.
• 2 Store rooms
Lower Ground Floor
• Fully fitted domestic kitchen/breakfast room housing ample work surfaces, quality wall and base storage units
• Main store room
• Double bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Shower room
• Double bedroom
• Double bedroom
• Rear Garden
• 5.30am – 8.00pm Monday
• 5.30am – 8.00pm Tuesday
• 5.30am – 8.00pm Wednesday
• 5.30am – 8.00pm Thursday
• 5.30am – 8.00pm Friday
• 5.30am – 8.00pm Saturday
• 6.00am – 4.00pm Sunday
• £300,000 per year
Post Office Income
• £22,800 per year
• Current Business Rates payable: nil
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• The business is offered for sale on a leasehold basis. A new lease for the period of 21 years will be granted to suitable applicants. The current rent payable is £10,000 per year.
Please Note: The Code for Leasing Business Premises in England and Wales strongly recommends you seek professional advice from a qualified surveyor, solicitor or licensed conveyancer before agreeing or signing a business tenancy agreement. The Code is available through professional institutions and trade associations or through the website: www.leasingbusinesspremises.co.uk
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction
• The business stock value is: £17,500
• The business is run by our clients with help from a dedicated team of part time staff who work on an agreed rota basis.
• Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
The appointment of a subpostmaster is at the discretion of Post Office Ltd. For current Post Office procedures please visit www.postoffice.co.uk/businessopportunities
For further information, you should make your own enquiries to Dorset Council, Commercial Road Weymouth Dorset DT4 8NG
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, Second Floor Offices, 114/116 High Street Honiton EX14 1JP on 01404 758081
Is accommodation included?:
Portland is famous for its spectacular cliffs, small cove beaches and Portland Bill lighthouse and is a popular destination for climbers, diving, kayaking, walking and bird-watching. An explorer's island, with museums, castles, lighthouses, sculptures and stunning views across the Chesil, Portland Harbour and Weymouth.
The Island, just 4 miles long by a mile and a half wide at its broadest point, provides a variety of shopping and business outlets as well as many leisure pursuits, in particular
A new lease for the period of 21 years will be granted to suitable applicants.