• Post Office with spacious 5 bedroom owner’s house and large front and rear gardens
• Sought after Wiltshire location
• Extremely well-presented throughout
• Healthy turnover and profits
• Fantastic change of lifestyle opportunity
• Excellent local reputation
• Turnkey Business
Falcon Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this thriving Post Office. It has been under the proud ownership of our clients since 1992 during which time they have run a successful business and enjoyed the benefits of a spacious family home. It is now reluctantly being placed on the market as the vendors wish to retire. During our client’s stewardship the business has built up an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and friendly service.
Operating from substantial landmark premises of real charm and character, this very well established, family-run concern has become an important focal point of the local community in the course of many years' successful trading by conducting a useful and popular retail operation of an extensive selection greetings cards, confectionery and stationary as well as a wide range of Post Office services.
Burbage Post Office is run by our clients without the need for any additional staff. The business is run at a pace to suite the owners and generates a turnover in the region of £15,000 per year with high gross profit margins. The Post Office Salary is in the region of £38,400 per year. There is tremendous potential to increase the turnover by extending the range of products offered or by expanding the retail space into the adjacent store room.
This rarely available opportunity is not to be missed and early negotiations with Falcon Commercial come highly recommended
Substantial and well maintained freehold building, benefiting from being in a highly visible position on one of the main roads that runs through the delightful village of Burbage which is in Wiltshire.
The premises are fitted and presented to high trade specifications throughout. These charming premises provide outstanding and highly functional internal business accommodation as well as a spacious private 5 bedroom family home. The business premises also enjoy the benefit of customer car parking, in addition to the added security benefit of a full Post Office approved alarm system.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Retail area which boasts a full range of modern, high quality fixed and freestanding purpose-built display furniture and shelving.
• Fully equipped and screened dedicated Post Office counter with parcel weighing facilities, 2 x computerised serving position and a small, fully equipped general administration office area.
• Store room
Ground Floor owner’s accommodation with private entrance
• Fully fitted domestic kitchen/breakfast room housing ample work surfaces, quality wall and base storage units
• Dining room
• Store room/laundry area
• Large store room with potential to convert into an apartment
• 4 Double bedrooms
• 1 single bedroom currently used as an office
• Shower room
• Covered parking area
• Front garden
• Rear garden with lawned areas, vegetable plot, patio area, greenhouse and 2 storage sheds.
• 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday, Tuesday Thursday and Friday. Closed for lunch 1.00pm – 2.00pm
• 9.00am – 12.30pm Wednesday
• 9.00am – 12.30pm Saturday
• Closed Sunday
• £15,000 per year
Post Office Income
• £38,400 per year
• Accounts will be provided to genuine purchasers after a formal viewing
• Current Business Rates payable: nil
• Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the local billing authority to ascertain the exact rates payable or enquiries can be made online at the VOA website www.voa.gov.uk
• Each party to bear their own legal costs incurred in the transaction
• The business stock value is: £3,500
• The business is run by our clients.
• Commercial Energy Performance rating: TBC
The appointment of a subpostmaster is at the discretion of Post Office Ltd. For current Post Office procedures please visit www.postoffice.co.uk/businessopportunities
For further information, you should make your own enquiries to Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
Strictly by appointment with the vendor's agents, Falcon Commercial, 1 Miltons Yard Axminster EX13 5FE on 01297 598080
Burbage is located to the south of Marlborough and offers many local amenities including a primary school, farm shop, doctor's surgery, public houses and petrol station. Nearby Great Bedwyn and Pewsey have rail links to London and the West Country as well as further amenities, whilst Marlborough with its famous High Street offers comprehensive shopping and a twice weekly market. Good road communications provide ready access to the larger neighbouring centres of Salisbury, Newbury and Swindon; and via the M4 and A303, London and the West Country. There is a good choice of both state and private schooling in the area and those with an interest in country and leisure pursuits are well catered for in the region