• Situated on main arterial road through this expanding North Devon village
• Double fronted shop premises and Post Office Counter
• Community Post Office salary £9,000 pa plus est. £6,000 commissions
• Four bedroomed family home adjoining with kitchen, dining room and lounge
• Rear gardens and outbuildings potential to convert to additional accommodation / holiday let, subject to PP
• Ideal husband and wife / family enterprise
• For sale due to pending retirement after 34 years of family ownership
North Molton is an expanding village on the southern edge of Exmoor, two miles from the A361. The Towns of South Molton and Barnstaple lie 3 miles South and 13 miles West respectively. Occupying a Village Centre location the property is easily found on the main road through the village Fore Street / East Street. North Molton has a number of village amenities including Public House, garage, Primary School, Sports and Community Centre.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The shop comprises of double fronted premises with brick facing under a pitched slate roof with a 4 bedroomed family cottage to the right and a service yard for the shop between the two. The two storey, Grade II listed, cottage has a bay window to the front, rendered elevations and a pitched slate roof, it also has its own front door access from East Street. This family home consists of 4 bedrooms, family bathroom, lounge, dining room and kitchen, there is also a suitably sized family garden. The shop is a well stocked community store with 3 principle trading areas including a Post Office counter area. Located between the shop and the cottage is a covered loading area, accessed via a roller shutter door from East Street. To the rear of the loading area are outbuildings, a former bakery, and it is thought these could be used for a wide variety of purposes including storage, workshop or conversion to accommodation or a holiday let, subject to PP.
The shop used to be the village Police Station and was sold for £750 in 1952, at which point the shop was relocated from the ground floor of the cottage and the new shop was constructed in place of the Police Station.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been in the same family ownership for the past 34 years the business is within the heart of the village combining the sale of hundreds of product lines as well as Community Post Office counter. The Post Office salary is £9,000 per annum, plus commissions estimated at £6,000 per annum. Turnover for the shop has been around £450,000 for the past 6 years with an average net profit of £40,000, with our clients having 'lived out of the business'. Trading hours for the shop are 8am - 6pm Mon-Fri, 8am - 2pm Sat, 9am - midday Sun, with the Post Office counter open Mon-Sat, closed Wed afternoon. No deliveries or news rounds are undertaken.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
SHOP AND POST OFFICE
Double fronted shop unit with 3 main service / retail zones, part wood flooring / part non slip flooring, strip lighting, counter servery with till and lottery terminal, drink chillers, freezers, display shelving, Post Office counter with service screen. Office with CCTV and double commercial fridge. Staff toilet.
There is a covered service yard between the shop and accommodation, giving the owners ease of access to both. This covered service yard is access from East Street and has a roller shutter door for ease of access / deliveries etc. Above the service yard and shop is roof void which could be utilised to suit owners requirements.
FAMILY ACCOMMODATION - GROUND FLOOR
Front door from East Street to lobby
15`8 x 9`2 (4.75m x 2.80m) Bay window, dado rail, parquet flooring, radiator heating
19`8 x 11`2 (6.00m x 3.40m) Open fire with wood surround, carpet, window seat
Rayburn (oil fired), vinyl flooring, down lighters, eye and base units, worktops, stainless steel single drainer sink, dishwasher, micro grill, 4 burner integrated hob, wine cooler, fridge, tiled walls
Hallway with side entrance leading to yard and side shop entrance
LANDING with carpet, radiator heating, airing cupboard
14`3 x 11`4 (4.35m x 3.45m) Carpet
11`3 x 5`7 (3.40m x 1.70m) Carpet, radiator heating
11`5 x 7`6 (3.45m x 2.30m) Cupboard storage
Vinyl flooring, tiled walls, heated towel rail, bath with shower over, low level w.x, wash hand basin, down lighters, radiator heating
10`6 x 9`9 (3.20m x 2.95m)
To the rear of the property is the garden area which is predominately laid to lawn with a wide range of established trees and shrubs. In addition there are a range of outbuildings including the former bakery with a footprint of 17`8 x 12`9 (5.40m x 3.90m) and additionally 3 rooms off.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is accommodation included?: