Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to handle the sale of The Job Squad Limited.
The Job Squad was founded by the current owner when he identified a gap in the market.
The Job Squad is a local and professional handyman service that is available for all the usual tradesmen/DIY type of jobs that you would expect from a professional handyman service and also for those other jobs when a customer may need a hand but doesn’t know who to call.
The business has been a real labour of love for the owner and has expanded rapidly under his ownership and has many happy and regular customers.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to poor health and a desire to take a well-earned retirement.
The owner is keen to see his well-loved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take it to the next level.
The Job Squad is based in the West Midlands and currently covers the following areas;
• Balsall Common
• West Coventry
• Tile Hill
• Dorridge Ridge
• Hampton In Arden
• Millisons Wood
The Job Squad offers a range of benefits and services including;
• Fully Experienced Handymen
• All work is guaranteed and insured
• Specific times of arrival
• Fixed prices for Specific Jobs
• Affiliated Gas Safe register Engineers
• Affiliated Part P compliant electrical Engineers
• Plumbing Services
• Hanging items - pictures, mirrors, curtain poles
• Fitting, fixing and assembling - flat pack furniture, stair gates, fitting of locks and handles
• Lofts. Fitting of ladders, boarding and insulation
• Carpentry - making and fitting shelves, skirting and architrave, boxing in pipes
• Outside - Decking, fencing repairs and replacement, patio cleaning, paving etc.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet and the sale will include the company website (thejobsquad.co.uk) and Facebook page (66 likes at Instruction)
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
• Update the existing website
• Expand geographically
• Approach local Estate and Letting Agents and property developers with a view to becoming their preferred maintenance offering
• Ideal business to franchise
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing and repeat customers
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business, would suit perhaps a father and son team
• Includes a quality website and all social media platforms
• Also includes a bespoke ‘Free Agent’ software package that saves estimates and quotes, includes a database of previous and current customers and enables professional invoices to be sent (there is a hosting fee of £18 per month)
• Includes a sign written Citroen Berlingo van and there is the option of purchasing a Nearly new Vauxhall Vivaro van (by separate negotiation)
• Would suit someone with DIY skills looking for their own business
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, the business has been run at a pace to suit due to health issues.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment. This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
The Job Squad Limited is being sold as a relocatable, business only opportunity.
Whilst currently based in Balsall Common in the West Midlands the business could feasibly be run from anywhere in the countryPremises
The business is being sold as a relocatable one so premises are not included.
A new owner could run the business quite comfortably from a single garage or large shed.
The sale does include a sign written Citroen Berlingo van and a considerable number of tools (approximately £5000 worth).
At the time of instruction there was stock held to the value of circa £3000.Tenure
Not Applicable. This is a business only sale.Hours
Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pmStaff
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of one full time and three self-employed members of staff.Financial Profile
The Job Squad Limited generated an advised turnover of circa £122,000 as per the 2016 accounts with a gross profit of approximately 42%.
It needs to be stressed that the business has been run at a pace to suit due to health issues and has enjoyed higher turnover previously.
Is this business relocatable: