Gastro Pub For Sale In The Village Of Philleigh, Tregony, Truro In Cornwall
This outstanding concern is located in the picturesque village of Philleigh, which lies about seven and half miles southeast of Truro on the Roseland Peninsula. Truro is classed as the administrative hub for Cornwall and can be also accessed via the famous King Harry Ferry and the desirable fishing village of St Mawes is just a short distance away.
Asking price: £90,000 plus SAV Micro Brewery is available for additional £20,000
Turnover: £384,107 net of vat pa
Gross Profit: £239,017
Stock value: £5,000
Adjusted net profit: £61,192
Punch Taverns full repairing lease
Original term: 15 years
Remaining : 7 years
Reviewed: 5 yearly
Rent: £35,000 plus vat per annum
Rates: £16,000 per annum
Veritas Business sales are delighted to offer for sale this respected grade II listed 16th century Gastro pub which also has a fully equipped micro brewery and farm shop that are both currently unused. The business has been trading for over 200 years and been in the careful hands of the current owner for the past 3 years but he has been involved for several. Reluctantly the business is being offered for sale as the owners have a young family that needs more of their time. Since our clients have taken ownership of the business they have continually invested in new fixtures, fittings and equipment which are all bought and paid for and included within the sale price which means any new purchaser will not have to spend any additional funds for some time. The business has an annual turnover of £384,107 with a gross profit of £239,017. Around 35% of turnover is from wet sales and the remaining 65% of turnover is from hearty home cooked food sales, using only the freshest produce. There is a tie on draught beers, bottled beers, ciders and soft drinks with the exception of wines, and spirits which are free of tie. This successful concern is currently owner operated and employs 3 full time and 9 part time members of staff which is reduced down to 2 in the winter months. We believe that there is further untapped potential by introducing all day openings, along with re-opening the micro brewery and farm shop. The business enjoys a strong reputation within the local community and beyond and as such has a high level of regular and repeat trade along with many visiting tourists. We consider this a rare opportunity to purchase an established business, which is a great base to build upon and as such early viewing is highly recommended as this superb business is not to be missed.
Monday - Sunday - 11am - 3pm - 6am -11pm
Main bar with servery to include stainless steel sink unit, glass washer, cash register, bottle cooler, ice making machine. Trading area with seating for (15), brick fireplace with multi fuel burner. Second trading area with additional seating for (20)
Restaurant with seating for (30) with stone built fireplace and wood burner
Commercial kitchen comprising: 3 x deep fat fryers, 2 x commercial microwaves, 6 ring commercial gas hob & oven, 4 ring commercial gas hob & oven, 2 x salamander grills, extractor unit, chef master microwave, microwave, stainless steel counter fridge, 3 door counter fridge unit, hotplate, 2 x counter fridge units, chest freezer,, commercial dishwasher and wash basin
Gents w/c, 3 x urinals and wash basin
Ladies 2 x w/c and 2 x wash basin
Farm shop not in use
Garage with potential for 2 x letting rooms.
Cellar for cask ales
Double bedroom with en-suite bath, w/c and was basin
2 x Double bedrooms
Bathroom with bath, w/c and wash basin
Main beer cellar
Bottle store room with beer drop and sink
Frontage with a delightful and well maintained paved patio beer garden equipped with picnic tables for approximately (40) covers.
Rear of the property lies a private garden area with static caravan
Opposite you have a patrons carpark for (20) plus vehicles
EPC Rating D