Gerald Eve LLP is pleased to offer on behalf of Charles Wells Ltd the freehold interest The Railway, Saffron Walden. Whilst the property is being offered to the licensed and leisure market, the site is also considered to have potential for conversion or redevelopment to other uses subject to obtaining appropriate planning consents. Unconditional offers from developers will be considered.
• The property is located on the northern side of Station Road in Saffron Walden. The property lies 250m to the south of Saffron Walden town centre. The immediate surrounding area is characterised by good quality modern flats and period residential properties. Saffron Walden lies 18 miles to the south of Cambridge and 12 miles to the north of Bishop’s Stortford. Stansted airport is within 12 miles.
• This is a two-storey detached property of brick construction, under a pitched slated roof, which benefits from a prominent corner position on Station Road and Station Street. There are a series of single-storey ancillary buildings across the side yard.
• The front entrance door from Station Road leads directly into the open plan bar and lounge area providing circa 40 covers. To the left-hand side of the trading area is the bar counter. Customer WCs are situated at the rear. The trade kitchen is located on the first floor and serves both the flat and the pub by a dumb waiter to the servery area. The basement cellar is accessed internally.
• There is a secondary external staircase access/fire escape staircase.
• A timber weather-boarded stables building provides storage and an open-sided smoking area. Additionally, there is a brick-built former granary store with stone floors. These outbuildings provide potential for various pub-related or alternative uses. Between the buildings and to the rear of the pub is a yard area with space for car parking. At the rear of the site is an extensive beer garden.
• Vacant possession will be available upon completion.
• Approx. 0.3 acres / 0.12 hectares
There is potential for continued use as a free house or restaurant or for residential conversion/development, subject to planning permission. If sold a potential purchaser shall note a redevelopment clawback covenant will apply to the land shaded blue to the rear of the pub buildings.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW IF INTERESTED FOR MORE INFORMATION!
Is accommodation included?:
The first floor provides owners living accommodation with a master bedroom, one bathroom and a living room. In addition to an office, second bedroom and trade kitchen.