* Public House within expanding North Devon village
* For sale after 32 years in the same family ownership
* Character accommodation throughout including thatched roof, beamed ceilings, exposed stonework fireplaces
* Lounge bar, restaurant, pool room, skittle alley / function room
* Beer garden and car park
* Owners 3 bedroomed adjoining cottage with private garden area plus one bedroomed flat
* Further cottage available for holiday letting, dependent relative, dual family occupation
* Meaningful turnover and net profit
LOCATION AND SITUATION
The property is situated on the main arterial road through the village close to the village shop and primary school The Towns of Bideford and Great Torrington are both approximately 6 away. The village has approximately 900 residents although this is expected to grow in the coming years with planning permission already granted for a further 130 houses.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The 13th Century thatched property offers the type of character patrons hope to find from a village centre Public House, including beamed ceiling, exposed stonework, fireplaces, wood burners etc. Having a main lounge bar, 2 x restaurant areas, kitchen, pool room and skittle alley / function suite it is the private accommodation that offers considerable scope. The private areas are currently configured as a 3 bedroomed owners cottage adjoining the public house as well as an additional first floor one bedroomed flat, making the business suitable for dual family occupation, having live in staff, dependent relative etc. There are outside areas for both the business and private accommodation, with 2 outside seating areas for the public house, one to the front and the other within the beer garden to the side of the property. To the rear of the owners cottage is a paved and decked private seating area. To the rear of the property is a car park which also has freezer storage, owners workshop and log store. Furthermore should new owners have a requirement for more private accommodation or would like an additional revenue stream from holiday letting there is another 3 bedroomed cottage which can be purchased by separate negotiation.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been within the same family ownership for the past 32 years, the business is owner operated by a husband and wife partnership, with one of the partnership front of house and the other operating the kitchen. In addition there is a pool of approximately 10 members of staff, dependent on the time of year. Operating hours are 5.30pm till close 7 days per week, with lunchtime opening Wednesday - Saturday noon - 3pm, Sunday noon - 4.00pm. Net turnover for the past three years has been in excess of £300,000 with 2019 yearend turnover being £315,000 with an estimated net profit of £75,000 / £80,000. It is estimated the wet dry split is approximately 55 : 45. The premises is host to a number of teams, 6 winter skittles teams, 1 x summer skittles team, 1 x darts team.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
MAIN LOUNGE BAR
Entrance door, beamed ceiling, stonework fireplace with recessed wood burner, carpet, table and chair seating for 16, bar stool seating, stonework return bar servery with chiller, glass washer, stainless steel single drainer sink, assorted draft beer / cider pumps
Beamed ceiling, stonework fireplace with recessed wood burner, carpet, covers for 14, return bar servery from main lounge bar, doorway to:-
Exposed stonework, fireplace, carpet, electric heating, covers for 18
Pool table, carpet, darts board, fruit machine
SKITTLE ALLEY / FUNCTION SUITE
Skittle alley and ball return, wooden flooring
Eye and base units, tiled flooring, 6 burner hob, Blue Seal Turbofan oven, extraction system, griddle, double deep fat fryer, 2 x fridges, microwave, water boiler, dishwasher
Plumbing for washing machine
2 x low level w.c's, 2 x wash hand basins, non slip flooring, down lighters
3 x urinals, low level w.c., wash hand basin, non slip flooring, down lighters
DISABILITY FRIENDLY TOILET
Assorted cooling equipment, pumps, lines etc
To the front of the property is a paved area with picnic bench seating for approximately 24, with further outdoor seating within the side beer garden with is predominately laid to lawn with many established trees and shrubs. There is also a children's activity frame. To the rear of the property is a private car park, as well as freezer / fridge store, owners garage / workshop and log store.
There are two entrances to the private accommodation, one from street level, providing a self contained entrance, the second from within the main building
GROUND FLOOR ENTRANCE FROM STREET LEVEL
Covered entrance porch
Beamed ceiling, carpet, radiator heating
Exposed stonework fireplace with feature former bread oven, wood burner, carpet, radiator heating
Tiled floor, eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, 4 burner gas oven, breakfast bar, beamed ceiling
4 PIECE BATHROOM
Carpet, radiator heating, wardrobe
Carpet, radiator heating
Carpet, radiator heating, with potential to interlink to flat
OWNERS FLAT - FIRST FLOOR
Carpet, radiator heating
Radiator heating, wardrobe
3 PIECE BATHROOM
Base units, sink unit and drainer
To the rear of the owner cottage is a private decking / patio area.
AVAILABLE BY SEPARATE NEGOTIATION
Additional owners cottage / holiday cottage consisting of ground floor lounge, kitchen / diner, with 3 first floor bedrooms, cloakroom and bathroom. Paved garden area to front.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is accommodation included?: