The Madryn Arms is a two storey brick-built property of rendered elevations beneath pitched slate tiled roofs, with flat roof additions to the rear. The pub is Grade II
Listed, believed to be built around 1868, partly to serve the new railway which passed nearby, with the station opposite. The accommodation briefly comprises an
entrance hall leading to the main public bar area with bar servery, open feature fireplace, beamed ceiling and access to games room.
The pub also benefits from Ladies and Gents W.C.s, which are located via an inner hallway, a commercial catering kitchen and preparation room located to the
rear of the bar, a storage room and beer cellar.
The substantial domestic accommodation is located over the first floor and briefly comprises lounge, domestic kitchen/breakfast room, 4 bedrooms, 5th
bedroom/office and bathroom.
To the exterior, the Madryn Arms has a car park, beer garden, a yard to the side with seating for c.20 and providing access to a single storey stone built outbuilding,
divided into two rooms, one of which has been used as an ice cream parlour and a store/garage.
The Madryn Arms is centrally located within the rural village of
Chwilog, in the Welsh county of Gwynedd. The pub is situated
on the B4354 allowing easy access to the towns of Pwllheli,
Criccieth, Porthmadog and Caernarfon via the A499 and
A497. The linear village was built around the railway station
on the Caernarfonshire Railway Line situated at the centre of
the village which has a primary school, sub post office/store
and butchers shop. The popular market town of Pwllheli is