Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Paradise Inn.
There has been a Public House on this site since 1838 and the current owner has run it successfully and lucratively for the last 23 years or so and it has been a real labour of love for him. The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so that he can enjoy a well-earned retirement.
Paradise Inn is a traditional pub with 100% wet sales. The business has many regular customers, most of whom are known on a first name basis by the current owner who is a popular and well-respected member of the local community.
The business enjoys custom also from passing trade and benefits from good visibility on the internet.
Scope to Improve
1. Advertising and marketing campaign
2. Maximise the use of social media
4. Introduce a food offering, ideally well priced bar meals and light lunches
5. Extend the opening hours, perhaps offering breakfasts etc.
Reasons To Buy
1. A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers.
2. A real opportunity to increase turnover, current owner has been running at a pace to suit.
3. Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
4. Includes good sized living accommodation.
5. Priced to facilitate a quick sale.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.Location
Paradise Inn is located in Tunstall, Stoke on Trent in Staffordshire.
Tunstall is an area in Stoke-on-Trent, it was one of the original six towns that federated to form the city and is the most northern and fourth largest town of the Potteries.
The A50 is the main arterial route through Tunstall, running from Warrington to Leicester via Stoke and Derby. Tunstall is linked to the A500 D Road which passes just west of the town, by the new A527 Link way to the town connecting Tunstall and the rest of Stoke-on-Trent to the M6 motorway.
Paradise Inn is situated just off the main shopping area of Tunstall and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses most of which are independents. The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery.
There is free on street parking nearby as well as a free shoppers car park a short walk away.Premises
Paradise Inn occupies an end terraced period property and briefly comprises;
• Double fronted with windows to front creating a light airy interior
• Well fitted and generously proportioned traditional bar
• Carpeted flooring with feature beamed ceiling and many period features
• Pendant lighting
• Feature ceiling fan
• Wrought iron feature fire place
• Wall mounted TV
• Bespoke bar with stools to front and a generous serving area
• Built in perimeter seating
To the rear of the bar is a cellar containing all beer equipment and barrels etc
Ladies and Gents toilets.
To the first floor and accessed by a staircase to the rear of the bar is a good sized flat.
With window to front, pendant lighting and a feature fire place with tiled surround
Good sized double with window to front, built in alcove cupboard and TV point
Another generous double with window to rear.
Good sized family Bathroom with window to rear, bath with Triton T80 shower above, close coupled toilet and pedestal basin, built in airing cupboard.
Dining kitchen with tiled walls and vinyl flooring, range of base units and window to side.Tenure
We are advised that the business is being sold as a Freehold business opportunityHours
Monday to Sunday 12-12Staff
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 2 part time members of staffFinancial Profile
Paradise inn generated an advised turnover of circa £111,000 as of the 2018 accounts with a gross profit of 62% and an adjusted net of approximately £36,000.