Pubs for sale in Andover

View the "Public House - Hampshire" below and request further details. Alternatively, please view the similar businesses in the 'You May Also Like' box below.

 It's a great way to advertise your business to people that are serious buyers...highly recommended. 

Y. MacGregor (Nov 2017)
View More
Freehold Price: £699,999 Price Reduced
Request Details
Business Description
• Public House, No Ties, Freehold, semi rural location, seating 60 diners poss up to 110 in summer
• ? Excellent scope for development, inc tea rooms, gastro pub, restaurant and potential to longer opening hours PP approved barn conversion to letting rooms
• Located Charlton Down, Hampshire, own large parking, potential letting rooms, 4 bed owners/staff accommodation
• Turnover 2016 £333,065 Net 2017 £386,000 Net annum with 70/30 split food/wet

Ref. 45720. A Prime established pub with a car park, available on a freehold basis due to retirement Based in Charlton Down Andover offering excellent scope for new owners to develop further or convert into a gastro pub/restaurant. Specialising in traditional pub food and wines. A true Free house with no ties. Turnover £333,065 (2016) £386k (2017) from a 70/30 split food v wet, Excellent scope and comes complete with PP for letting rooms to stable block and barn. Owners accommodation above. Impressive beer garden and grounds in excess of 1.5 acres.

Fantastic opportunity to purchase a well established public house specializing in food and wines located in the rural hamlet of Charlton Down, Hampshire.
Located within easy reach of Andover with Newbury to the north and Stockbridge to the south, the pub is located just off the A343 Newbury Road.

The pub is set within its own grounds of approximately 1.5 acres and is an impressive building built of brick and stone under a slate roof. In addition there is a stable block and barn located in the paddock within the grounds and we are holding a copy of the planning permission and drawings (for the barn) for the approved letting rooms, an estimated cost for the conversion was given in excess of 60k. Additionally to the rear of the pub you will find a polytunnel and also a large, spacious shed which has a slate roof and houses a fridge and a freezer and is also used for storing logs.

Currently the pub offers 4 bedroom accommodation above requiring a little attention.

This accommodation is currently utilised by the vendors as an office and staff accommodation.

The pub specializes in traditional Pub food and has internally 60 covers in an open plan dining area and an additional overflow dining area. The property comes with an impressive beer garden and this can offer up to another 50 covers upon sunny days.

The Hare and Hounds is free of all ties and renown for its food quality. Excellent food reviews can be found on TripAdvisor and is well known in the local
area. Most regulars travel up to 20 miles for food here and it is mentioned in several local good food guides.
The food sales represent approximately 70% of the sales with the other 30% in wet sales, these sales taking a preference of wine over beer.

The pub is a profitable enterprise and has been run successfully for the last 10 years by the vendors. The Hare and Hounds is now only being offered due to retirement of the vendors who have spent most of their

Summary. This is an exciting opportunity to purchase a business with a bright future – unlimited potential to convert into a gastro pub and B&B for the right buyer.
An excellent development opportunity.
Viewing is highly recommended.
Tenure: Freehold

Listed by: Kings Business Transfer

Find out more about this business opportunity.

Would you like a free no-obligation discusson with a qualified finance provider who could help you to buy this business?
You will ONLY be contacted by your local ASC Finance director. Your details will not be passed on to any third party.
Please note that Daltons Business will send the above details to the seller of the business. By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our website terms of use, our privacy policy and consent to cookies being stored on your computer.
Seller Reference:
You May Also Like...
We use cookies to give you the best possible online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are happy for your web browser to receive all cookies from our website. Find out more