With over 2,500 stores in the UK and Ireland and more than 43,000 stores in over 110 countries, the Subway® brand is now the largest quick service food outlet in the world.
The Subway® brand is growing at an exceptional rate and is truly an exciting franchise to be a part of. The low investment, simple operation and unparalleled support make a Subway® franchise an attractive proposition for entrepreneurs across the world - and the franchise is currently seeking new franchisees.
The concept is to keep franchisee investment low, the operation simple and offer customers fresh, great tasting food. There is no need for grills and fryers in a Subway® store and because of the simplicity of the operation there is an adaptable approach to the physical layout of the outlets.
Subway® franchisees benefit from operating in a tried and tested system with great training and a solid support structure. There are 20 regional development offices in the UK and Ireland, which assist and mentor all franchisees with site selection, leasing, design, construction, hands-on training, purchasing, operations, advertising and local store marketing. In addition, the head office for the Subway® brand in the UK and Ireland is based in Cambridge, with a local team of support staff focused on operations, leasing, R&D, customer service, training and franchisee services.
The Subway® brand has a combined support system and robust operations process in place, playing a vital role behind the success of its stores worldwide. Unique benefits include:
• Local Development Agents have specific experience in opening and developing Subway® franchises, alongside offering support and assistance to franchisees with site selection, leasing, operations and much more
• Each franchisee receives a comprehensive two week training course at the Subway® Training Centre in Cambridge, which includes classroom and in-store sessions. There is ongoing support to keep franchisees and staff continually informed of all the latest information and operational updates
• The University of Subway® offers over 400 simple-to-follow interactive training and development programmes for franchisees and their staff
• Regular franchisee conventions are held to keep franchisees up-to-date with best practice and offer a chance to meet with Subway® staff and fellow franchisees
• Franchisees in the UK and Ireland actively participate in the running of the Franchisee Advertising Fund. National and local advertising boards are elected each year; the board members are elected franchisees that serve to make marketing decisions and ensure franchisee funds are used to benefit all franchisees equitably
• A franchisee owned purchasing company, IPC Europe, manages the purchase and supply chain activity for all food, packaging, equipment and services in the UK, Ireland and other European countries.
The key attributes of a successful franchisee are well known:
• Good motivator.
• Possess business acumen and awareness.
• Effective time management skills.
• People person.
• Good listener.
• Effective communicator.
• Professional in outlook and appearance.
• Open to advice and guidance.