Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Golden Cue Snooker Club which is a well-established business with a renowned reputation amongst local residents.
This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular and well used business which offers further scope for expansion and benefits from little or no competition locally.
Golden Cue Snooker Club was established nearly forty years ago and has been run successfully and lucratively by the current owners for over thirty years.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so that the owners can enjoy a well-earned retirement.
The current owners are keen to see their beloved business passed to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Golden Cue Snooker Club is a popular Snooker and pool business that operates 24 hours a day. The business also includes a busy café that caters, not only for the clubs customers but also for the surrounding businesses and households. The café offers a free delivery service locally.
The business operates from substantial Freehold premises and is thought to be the largest Snooker and pool club in the West Midlands and benefits from having an impressively high number of regular customers.
Golden Cue Snooker Club is especially proud of its association with the Paul Hunter Foundation which was established in 2006 in memory of Paul Hunter with the specific aim of giving disadvantaged, able bodied and disabled youngsters an opportunity to play Snooker.
The business also has the services of Andrew Highfield who is a professional WPBSA World Snooker Coach, course tutor and one of the sports most prominent instructors.
Golden Cue Snooker Club also offers a fully licensed bar along with BT Sports.
The sale will include the company website and Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet.
Scope to improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Update the existing website
• Maximise the use of social media
• Increase the external signage and increase the visibility from the main road, perhaps through the use of A boards
• Develop the outside catering side of the business, particularly corporate
• Extend the opening hours of the Café, perhaps offering roast dinners on Sundays.
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business
• The business is proud of its 5-star hygiene rating
• A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, the current owners have been running at a pace to suit
• All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
• Includes substantial freehold premises
• Little or no competition locally
• Ideal trading position with loads of free parking.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment. Opportunities like this don’t come along very often and this great business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
Golden Cue Snooker Club is Located in Bilston in the West Midlands
Bilston is a town in the West Midlands situated in the southeastern corner of the city of Wolverhampton. Historically in Staffordshire, three wards of Wolverhampton City Council cover the town: Bilston East And Bilston North, which almost entirely comprise parts of the historic Borough of Bilston and Ettingshall which comprises a part of Bilston and parts of Wolverhampton.
During 1995 the final phase of the Black Country Route between Bilston town centre and Junction 10 of the M6 was completed. This new road has seen a major improvement in the traffic flow around Bilston town centre.
Bilston is served by several bus routes at Bilston Bus Station. It is also served by National Express West Midlands Service 79 (Birmingham- West Bromwich- Wednesbury- Darlaston- Bilston – Wolverhampton)
Golden Cue Snooker Club is ideally situated in a small but unusually busy industrial estate in an area that comprises industrial units as well as densely populated residential housing comprising a mix of property types including privately owned, rented and local authority residences.
The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage. There is free car parking in the car parks to the front and rear along with free on-street parking immediately outside the premises.Premises
Golden Cue Snooker Club occupies a substantial (835.2Sq.M) single storey, detached industrial unit and briefly comprises;
Main snooker hall
• Porch and door to front
• Generous hall with suspended ceiling and carpeted floor
• Suspended snooker lights above tables
• Perimeter seating
• Bar area with bespoke counter
• Generous serving area
• Triple glass fronted drinks chiller
• Bespoke glass storage
• Wall mounted tv
• Tables and chairs and barstools
• Further perimeter seating along with tall circular tables and matching stools
• Serving hatch to the front serving external customers
• Further serving hatch to main snooker hall
• Tiled floor and fluorescent lighting
• Comprehensively equipped catering kitchen
• Range of light oak effect base
• Wall units with complimentary worktop
• Commercial griddle
• Extraction system with stainless steel canopy
• 2 ring gas hob
• Stainless steel single basket fryer
• Twin basket fryer
• Twin glass fronted drinks chiller
• Fridge freezer
• Circular hand wash basin
• Glass fronted pie warmer
• 2 kettles
• Brabantia microwave
• Kenwood microwave
• 4 slot toaster
• Twin stainless-steel sink with drainer and monobloc tap.
• Customer dining area with tables and chairs, two fruit machines
Snooker Hall 2
• Generous snooker hall with carpeted floor
• Suspended ceiling
• Bar with timber top
• Range of optics
• Glass storage
• Twin glass fronted drinks chiller
• Coca-Cola chiller
• Two tables
• Built in banquette seating
• Doors to bar area
The sale will include 16 snooker tables and 7 pool tables. All glasses, crockery and cutlery will also be included.
To the rear of the premises is a generous car park.Tenure
We are advised that Golden Cue Snooker Club is being sold as a Freehold business opportunity.
Business rates payable is to be confirmed.Hours
The snooker Hall is open 24 hours a day Monday to Sunday
The café operates the following hours:
Monday to Friday - 7.00 am – 2.00 pm
Saturday - 7.00 am – 1.00 pm
Sunday - ClosedStaff
The business is run and managed by our two clients with the help of 4 full time and 3 part time members of staff.Financial Profile
Golden Cue Snooker Hall generated an advised turnover of approximately £160,000 as of the 2017 accounts with a gross profit of roughly 67%.