Hilton Smythe are delighted to bring to the market an opportunity to acquire a thriving & long-standing sandwich bar & hot food take away with an enviable reputation within the city centre of Dundee.
Hot Shots has been trading for many years from its current location and has been under ownership of our client for the last 12 years.
It is only now that the business is on the open market for sale as our client looks to focus on other business interests.
The business prides itself on freshly cooked fayre and has an extensive menu to include:
• Hot & cold filled rolls with a selection of fillings
• Baked potatoes
• Substantial all-day breakfasts
• Cold beverages
• Tea’s & coffee’s
• Also offering newspapers, magazines, confectionery, and cigarettes.
There is plenty of scope to further increase turnover:
• Perhaps undertaking expansion of the events catering side of the business for private parties and functions for potential corporate clients
• Revised opening hours
• Introduction of a dedicated website
• introducing the facility to order & deliver via a partner site such as Just Eat
The business is well established, immaculately presented and has a great reputation so will appeal to a wide range of potential buyers.Location
Hot Shots, hot food take away & sandwich bar occupies an immaculately presented ground floor retail premises on the busy North Lindsay Street area of Dundee.
The business is surrounded by a wealth of complimentary shops & businesses & greatly benefits from being situated next to one of the main shopping centres within the city, resulting in a consistently high level of footfall & passing trade.
Dundee is a coastal city on the Firth of Tay estuary in eastern Scotland.
Dundee is also known as the City of Discovery and has undergone transformation over the past decade and major investment continues in the shape of revitalisation of the Waterfront, spearheaded by the V and A Museum, the Slessor Gardens and civic amenities including hotels, shops and leisure facilities.
Renowned for its universities and training hospital at Ninewells, Dundee is also renowned for its cutting-edge design technology within the computer games industry among others.
The city is very well serviced in terms of local amenities and transport links to all other parts of the UK via rail, road and with direct flights to London City via Dundee airport.Premises
Hot Shots is located in a single fronted commercial premise in a prime trading location within the city centre of Dundee, benefiting from a good level of footfall.
The premises briefly comprise:
• Large glass display/service cabinet, for both hot & cold food storage with preparation surface
• Further service counter at the top end of the shop with confectionary display
• Cigarette gantry & till/payment point
• Separate news stand
• 2 chilled drinks fridges.
To the rear of the premises can be found a well fitted out commercial kitchen area with a stainless-steel finish & including:
• 2 double fryers
• Electric oven
• Large soup pot
• Extraction system
• Ample food preparation area
• Double stainless-steel sink
• Shelved storage areas along with w/c area
The business is well signed and easily visible.Tenure
We are advised that tenure is offered on a Leasehold basis.
Lease – 25 Years with 22 Remaining
Rent - £600 Per Month
Currently, the business are exempt from paying business rates.Hours
The business currently operates:
Monday – Friday 7.00 am – 4.00 pm
Saturday - 8.00 am – 1.00 pm
Sunday - ClosedStaff
The business is run & managed by the owner & 1 part time staff memberFinancial Profile
Hot Shots generated an advised turnover of £2300 per week. Accounts will be made available to any interested parties.