* Prominent trading location opposite Cliff Railway with over 400,000 visitors per year
* Attractive corner sited return frontage
* Tea room / cafe covers for 14 plus a further 14 within rear tea garden
* 2 self contained flats, 1 x two bedrooms, 1 x one bedroom, suitable for owners accommodation, holiday or long term rental income
* Currently operating daytime trade only but suitable for evening trade
* Ideally couple / partnership venture with seasonal staff if desired
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
The subject property is within a prime and central trading location, opposite the entrance to the unique Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff railway, which in it busiest years has over 450,000 visitors. The property stands out within a row of other retail users on the main arterial road through the village, Lee Road.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being arranged on three principal floors as well as a lower ground floor, the attractive premises has a gable end balcony and exposed first floor stonework, with a return frontage at ground floor level (due to be refurbished by the Landlords first quarter 2021). To the rear of the property is a tea garden area suitable for approximately 14 covers. The commercial parts at ground floor consist of a 14 cover tea room / cafe with barista server and preparation worktops as well as a kitchen and customer toilet. Within the building are 2 flats, one at lower ground floor being one bedroom and accessed from the side of the premises. The other is located on first and second floors and consists of two bedrooms as well as a dual aspect living room and balcony. Both domestic parts are centrally heated and are currently let for £475 pm and £750 pm respectively which includes electric, water and heating. We understand the electrics are soon to be reconfigured by the Landlords to provide separate supply to each part. The flats could be utilised as owners accommodation, holiday let or long term rental income.
Our client is inviting offers for the Leasehold interest of the business and an assignment of the existing 5 year lease, at a current rent of £24,000 per annum for the whole premises and held on an internal repairing and insuring basis. Rental income from the two flats of £14,700 per annum (including water, electric and heating).
The business is operated by our clients as a cafe / tea room, undertaking daytime trade only, 7 days per week in season and 3-5 days per week out of season. Main lines include hot and cold drinks, soups, snacks, cream teas, milkshakes, waffles, breakfasts, make your own slushie and ice cream. Dependent on new owners requirements they may wish to introduce an evening restaurant trade. At present the business is operated by a husband and wife partnership with seasonal part time staff including a cook and table serving staff. The last accountancy yearend showed a turnover of approximately £75,000.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The premises does not have a premises licence at present.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
CAFE / TEA ROOM
21`11 x 12`2 (6.70m x 3.70m) Return frontage, table and chair seating providing covers for 14, vinyl flooring, radiator heating, barista coffee server, server worktop, ice cream freezer, Conti double coffee machine, 2 x ground coffee grinders, EPOS till system and printer, fridge, milkshake blender, twin slushie machine
Low level w.c. and wash hand basin
Double sink and double drainer unit, wash hand basin, extraction canopy, double deep fat fryer, dishwasher, freezer, 3 x under counter freezers, 2 x under counter fridge, griddle, 3 x microwaves, contact grill, waffles maker
LOWER GROUND FLOOR STORE
Brick paved, views towards Countisbury Hill and Summerhouse Hill, covers for 14
PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION - LOWER GROUND FLOOR
FLAT 1 – 1 Bedroom, bathroom, lounge / kitchen / diner with fitted kitchen
PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION – FIRST FLOOR
FLAT 2 – Lounge / diner with dual aspect and balcony, fitted kitchen, toilet
2 x bedrooms, bathroom
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Is accommodation included?: