This is a franchise resale of one of the UK's fastest growing franchise operations - Tutor Doctor. Based in affluent Kent, the current owners have built the business strongly and it is profitable. They urgently need to sell their business due to a change in circumstances and are willing to accept offers in line with the actual cost of buying and setting up a Tutor Doctor franchise from scratch from the franchisor. The big advantage to a buyer is that the groundwork has been done - it is profitable (c £33k pa net profits in 2017/18), there are clients, numerous leads and all the necessary processes in place. The owners would be willing to work with a buyer to effect a successful handover.
The Tutor Doctor Business
Tutor Doctor is an international franchise model based out of Toronto, Canada. Tutor Doctor's proven in-home tutoring business model has created over 500 franchises in 16 countries including the UK, the US, Canada and Australia. There are over 50 franchises in the UK.
These are some of the great reasons to own a Tutor Doctor franchise:
• Succeed with low overhead and high earning potential.
• Work from home to fit with your lifestyle.
• The private tutoring industry will surpass $128 billion by 2020.
• A growing customer base and recurring revenue model.
• Make a difference in the lives of children and help them succeed.
• Strong, supportive and global network of franchisees for mentoring, friendship and support.
• One of the fastest growing franchises and recognised as an industry leader.
• Extensive training and support to make sure you succeed.
• The powerful, effective Tutor Doctor model is one that truly gets the best results for students.
• Our customers love us – 95% of our families would recommend us to others
Tutor Doctor Sevenoaks is currently run by a husband and wife team as ‘owner/operators’ but could also become an ‘executive/CEO’ model where the buyer invests in the business rather than operates it.
The business was established in 2016 and from a standing start achieved sales of £115,000 in its first year in the 8 months to March 2017. Revenue for the year to March 2018 were £152,000 with a Pre Tax Profit of £17,000 and Sellers Discretionary Earnings (Directors Drawings and Other Expenses - Add Backs) of £15,000 representing an EBITDA of 21%. The financial year to March 2019 has got off to a good start with a retained and adjusted profit of over £6,000 for the month of April 2018.
The business operates from a home office in Westerham, Kent and is supported by an experienced & trained part time Field Sales Consultant, an experienced call centre to handle sales calls & consultation bookings, an experienced marketing agency providing highly effective internet marketing & lead generation and an independent book keeper.
Due to a change in personal circumstances, the current owners urgently need to sell their successful business. It would cost around £80k to buy and set-up this franchises direct with the franchisor. This is a unique opportunity to hit the ground running and be in profit from day one. Much of the hard ground work to establish the business locally has been done and the current owners are confident that a new owner could be operating a profitable business from day one.
• The Tutor Doctor brand is now well established in the area after extensive marketing activities, attendance at numerous local events & shows and a fully wrapped Tutor Doctor Smart car
• Referrals are increasing strongly as brand awareness increases
• Strong relationships have been established with a number of local schools to provide tutors for intervention work and home schooling. There are many more opportunities to work with schools. Work for schools represented over 35% of revenues in the year to March 2018
• Achieved NPS satisfaction score of over 90% amongst customers over the 12 months to May 2018
• Nominated for ‘Rookie of the Year’ (one of the fastest growing new franchises) at the 2017 DBA in Toronto (Tutor Doctor International Franchisee Conference)
• 52 retained tutors
• 40+ students continuing after the 2017/18 academic year plus the supported schools
• Ranked 11th by revenue in the UK and 79th globally in the Tutor Doctor network
We have listed the business at £69.7k which is about what it would cost you to buy a franchise like this from the franchisor direct. The big benefit is that the ground work, often loss making in the early stages, has been done. This business is operationally profitable on an ongoing basis - you are welcome to view the monthly management accounts prepared by a reputable accounting practice.
If you're interested, talk to us - we are keen to transfer the business because of our circumstances. We can be flexible!
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 5.00
Support and Training:
Full support from the experienced Tutor Doctor franchise team
Tutor Doctor Kent has an exclusive territory of some 300,000 households in Kent & Surrey including Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, West Malling, Swanley, Oxted and parts of Maidstone and the surrounding rural areas.
Is this business relocatable:
Is this business home based: