Hilton Smythe is pleased to have been appointed as the selling agent for Chah Limited trading as Matcha Factory.
Matcha Factory is an e-commerce business that is easily run from home.
The business was founded by the current owners in 2007 and has been a real labour of love for them.
Alas the business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to one of the owners wishes to relocate to the USA to peruse other business interests. The owners are keen to see their beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Matcha Factory is the UKs leading supplier of Match Tea and Powdered Green Tea. The business works directly with organic and biodynamic farmers and producers in Japan, China and Taiwan to provide their customers with the best Matcha at the best prices.
The business takes quality and sustainability extremely seriously and is proud to announce that all their Matchas are certified organic. Matcha tea is ground, steamed, shade grown teal leaves.
The preparation for making Matcha starts weeks before the team harvest. The teal leaves are covered to prevent direct sunlight reaching them. This shading process turns the leaves darker and causes changes in the chemical composition of the leaves that results in the formation of amino acids and higher levels of caffeine than found in other teas. Theses leaves are then dried, de-veined, de-stemmed and ground into Matcha.
Matcha Factory’s food grade Matcha is the perfect way to make green tea foods and drinks, and is trusted and used by bakers, ice cream makers and smoothie shakers all across Europe. The business offers attractive discounts on large orders and is able to ship out products quickly, direct to their customers doors. Matcha Factory offers a range of wholesale options from bulk purchase to resale options and currently caters to gyms, bakers, shakers and restaurants.
The business also sells a range of mushrooms and organic mushroom powders. Additionally, the business retails a range of Matcha accessories including Matcha Whisks or Chasens, Matcha Scoops and Matcha Tea Bowls.
The sale will include the company e-commerce websites (matchafactory.com and matchafactory.fr) and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet. Matcha Factory has lucrative contracts with the likes of Amazon and the business enjoys good reviews.
Scope to Improve:
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Bring in mushrooms in bulk
- Upgrade the websites
- Improve search engine capabilities
- Repackage bulk supply’s in smaller quantities
- Import larger stock quantities and bring in by ship rather than air freight which would prove much cheaper
- Apply for BRC certification
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher.
Reasons to Buy:
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- One of the first three businesses to purchase Matcha
- Includes websites and all social media platforms
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, the business is growing at an impressive pace
- Current owners happy to offer a handover and training to ensure the continued success
- Ideal bolt-on to an existing business
- Easily run from home, perhaps using a garage for storage.
- All certifications are transferable to a new owner
- Exclusive contracts are already in place with Japanese suppliers.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.Location
Chah Limited trading as Matcha Factory is currently based in the West Midlands area but could feasibly be run from anywhere in the country, indeed the world!
The business is being sold as a relocatable business opportunity.Premises
Matcha Factory is being sold as a relocatable business opportunity.
A new owner would need their own premises and would be advised to explore the need for a Food Premises Licence.
Computer printers and a quantity of racking / shelving is included in the sale.Tenure
The business is being sold as a relocatable business.Hours
The website trades 24/7Staff
The business is run and managed by our clients.Financial Profile
Matcha Factory generated an advised turnover of circa £159,000 as of the 2018 accounts with a gross profit of approximately 57%. The business continues to grow at an impressive pace.
Is this business relocatable: